Wimpy's
It’s been my husbands favorite since he was a toddler and now it has become one of my kid’s favorite dinners. I’m assuming this recipe got its name from the size of the hamburgers; it’s definitely not wimpy in taste! The recipe below is how my mother in-law told me to make it, she didn’t have a recipe written down for it. I always end up adding a little more or less of the ketchup and mustard. Also, it’s great the next day so I usually double the recipe and Walt takes some for lunch and the kids eat it again the next day.
Ingredients:
2 lbs of ground beef
3 tbs ketchup
2 tbs mustard
1 pkg dried onion soup mix
1 cup bread crumbs
1 egg
3 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 pkg wide egg noodles
Directions:
In a large bowl mix ground beef, ketchup, mustard, dried onion soup mix, bread crumbs, and egg. Form into several little patties. Fry the hamburger patties and set aside. Pour cream of mushroom soup into a large frying pan and bring to a boil (add a little water if needed). Transfer the fried hamburger patties to the soup mix. Reduce heat and let cook for about 30 minutes. Serve over egg noodles.

I may have to try this one sometime, it sounds delish!
ReplyDeleteThis sounds great! I will definitely try this one day!
ReplyDelete