Friday, August 17, 2012

Ahhhh, The Weekend!



I love Friday mornings.  I wake up feeling excited about the next couple of days.  This weekend is going to be blessed with fall like temperatures. Our forecast is calling for low 70's with some sun and clouds.  It doesn't get much better than that!  Another sign that fall is not too far off is the kick off to the cider mills opening this weekend.  I read an article that said that apple picking will be much earlier this season because of the warm spring we had.  

My weekend plans start today with meeting my daughter Lauren for lunch.  I believe sushi (eel & cucumber and California rolls) will be our choice today.  Tomorrow we have a family cookout at Walt's sister's house.  We always have such a great time when they throw one of their back-yard parties.  I'm trying to think of a dish to bring.  I might have to spend some time on browsing on Pinterest for something new to try.

Sunday we are thinking about going to a Tiger game.  We haven't bought tickets yet but even  if we end up in the bleachers, I know it will be a great afternoon at the ballpark.  I haven't been to our ballpark since my dad passed away.  We did catch the Tigers in Toronto but going downtown to Detroit will have me feeling my dad all around me.  

Have a wonderful weekend!



6 comments:

  1. The one thing I miss about "up north" is the apple orchards. My favorite thing in the fall was going to the orchard for cider and apples, jams, honey...all that good stuff. The store apples down here just don't compare.

    Enjoy your lunch with Lauren!! I'm not much of a sushi eater. I like it now and then as an appetizer, but I can't make a meal of it. I think it's the ginger and wasabi that I like the best!!

    Hugs to you as you go back to the stadium for the first time without your dad. He'll be there with you, so just feel his presence and enjoy the game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Calif. roll for me, but like Terri, not often. I know you will enjoy being with Lauren, and I hope you go to the ballgame...just take your dad with you in your heart. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My brother Roger's birthday is in September, and, although I doubt I'll see him on his birthday, for our family reunion later on in the month I'm going to make his favourite cake: chocolate with brown sugar icing. The chocolate cake, which is called easy chocolate cake, comes from a Navy wives cookbook he gave to sister Karen so many years ago. The cake is easy to make and has to be the best chocolate cake I've ever had - bar none. It's always a success.

    I haven't been to a baseball game in years, but I remember the delicious hotdogs. Hope you enjoy your weekend.


    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is really nice I got here now I think

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry, Kris. I just can't figure this place out, even with the book :( You can find me here.

    http://laniebg.xanga.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand, Lanie! I went to your site and I am unable to look at your page without joining xanga and signing in. I have decided to not join anymore sites so I guess we will have to stay in contact through Facebook.

      Delete