1. We got some good news and bad news regarding my father in-law. The good news is that all his tests show that he is going in the right direction with his recovery but the bad news is that they believe that my father in-law is in the advance stages of dementia. When I visit him, he often thinks that I am his sister Lillian. It's so sad.
2. My boss bought a new GM Volt for his wife. It is amazing! It only costs them $1.25 a day in electricity! In the last 10 days she has only used a half gallon of gas. GM is offering the Volt for only $179/month until September 4th.
3. I got stung by a bee yesterday on the bottom of my foot. I could not get the stinger out, even after trying every remedy I could find on the internet. I couldn't sleep last night because the pain kept waking me up. I noticed when I lifted my foot up the pain would subside a bit so I tucked a pillow under my foot and now this morning the pain isn't as bad as it was.
4. My favorite pin on Pinterest this week:
5. I am crazy busy at work. I really need to get my thoughts posted and get back to my bookkeeping!
6. I found the cutest pair of fall boots. I think I might have to go buy them tonight:-)
7. Praying for the people who are dealing with hurricane Isaac. It looks like we will end up getting storms from Isaac by Sunday morning.
8. I have been craving chicken tortilla soup. I had a bite of Walt's at the restaurant the other night and it has me wanting to make a pot.
9. Out of nowhere Lindsay started getting Vogue mailed to her. It comes every month and she is not sure why. She didn't subscribe to it. Anyways, I had to take a picture of this month's issue. The thing is as thick as a telephone book!
10. Back to work for me! Have a terrific Tuesday everyone!


Good morning, Kris! I am happy to see your blog this morning, after missing you for a couple of days. I was worried about you and your father-in-law. Glad to hear he is doing better physically, but how sad that dementia has set in. It's a blessing for him, actually, to be living in a happier time, but so sad for you and the rest of the family to watch. Vogue is all about advertising, and that's a whole lot of advetising there! I still get Family Circle magazine and haven't paid for it, for years. I don't know how it happens or why, but sometimes we just get on a list, I guess. Sorry about the bee sting! I am allergic, so would have had swelling up to my knee. Glad it feels better for you today. Nasty things. Hope you get your work done! I need to figure out how your and Linda got the weather widget posted to your site!! Have a good one!
ReplyDeleteFamily Circle would be a great list to get on!
DeleteGm :) I'd like the recipe for the soup :) wow that book is huge! I'm sorry about the dementia diagnosis. It's not easy. Xxx. I hope Isaac isn't too bad. Boots???!ha ha you really are looking forward to autumn. I hope you have a good day :)
ReplyDeleteI will post the recipe:-) That is if it turns out good..haha
DeleteGood morning Kris. I'm glad to hear your father in law is physically improving but I know it is hard on loved ones when he may not always remember who they are or get them mixed up with other family members. Importantly though YOU know who he is so being there for him and bringing him the comfort of a caring visit is still a blessing to him. Treasure the visits and perhaps there are times he does recognise you but you are there for him and I do pray blessings on him and your whole family HUGS
ReplyDeleteOUCH on the bee sting! Yikes,
chicken tortilla soup is so good I am hungry now LOL
True that is one thick magazine.
Cheryl it is so good to see you blogging here! Is it getting easier for you?
DeleteMornin! Hope your foot is better!
ReplyDeleteHi Lanie! Foot is starting to feel better, that was a nasty sting. What do you think of the new Multiply site? It's just in the testing stages but it kind of looks promising.
DeleteI know it's sad for the family, but it must be doubly sad for the person losing his precious memories. We got some rain yesterday here in Ohio - today bright sunshine. I hope and pray Isaac is gentle with people who have already suffered a horrible hurricane. Autumn is my favourite season. I love the smells
ReplyDeleteAutumn and summer are probably tied for my favorite seasons. Enjoy that sunshine today!
DeleteKris, I dealt with dementia with my Aunt and it is a sad thing for anyone. Her health was good, but her mind just kept going away. I love your 10 things, and meant to do that myself, but it has been a topsy turvey day, so maybe next week. I need a vacation!!!
ReplyDeleteHi Kris. Ouch on the bee sting. Hope it is feeling better today. What a huge issue of Vogue! If you've ever seen The Bee movie that magazine would have taken care of that bee that stung you. lol How crazy that she is randomly getting that magazine, but always nice to get something other than bills in the mail. :) Awesome on the boots. Post a picture of them when you get them. :) My heart breaks hearing about your father-in-law suffering from dementia. No matter the age of a person, it is so hard to watch those we love suffer from it. Especially when our faces and our voice becomes unrecognizable to them. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you during this time. Sending lots of hugs your way.
ReplyDelete