Friday, September 14, 2012
Bonfire Season!
It is feeling like fall this morning! I think it might be time to bring out the sweaters and sweatshirts. The forecast for next week shows a couple of days where the high temp only reaches into the lower 60's! I'm hoping that this weekend we will be able to enjoy a bonfire in our backyard. I love cool fall evenings spent with my family around a fire. I've always said that some of our favorite family moments were the conversations we had around a bonfire. When the kids were younger we would tell ghost stories and make s'mores. Such good times!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




.jpg)
Your temps sound wonderful. We are still hot and sticky here in Florida. Two years ago, we bought a firepit. Haven't used it yet. I'm actually going to try to sell it. Silly for us to have it. We had the AC on all last winter. It just never really gets to be firepit weather here, I'm afraid. Love your photos, and hope you get some of the wonderful firepit time in this weekend!
ReplyDeleteyeah, I can see where a firepit wouldn't get much use in Florida:-)
DeleteYour page looks so nice and your bonfire looks so much fun!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Cheryl! Have a good weekend!
DeleteSounds like perfect weather for it Kris. My Mom and Step-Dad used to have a big farm house and every year in the fall they would have a huge get together and do a bonfire. Nothing like being surrounded by family and friends with a nice big bonfire to bring everyone together. I definitely miss those days. My sister just bought a house and has been talking about maybe doing one this year. I know I would love for her to do that. :) I hope you get a chance to have one this weekend. Cooler temps are moving in here too. We are in the mid to upper 70's this weekend, but next week the highs are supposed to only be mid to upper 60's. Of course, you never know the week after that it could be in the mid to upper 80's again. Gotta love living in the Midwest. lol I hope you enjoy your weekend. Loved seeing your photos of the bonfires too. :)
ReplyDeleteThat would be great if your sister ends up having one! Start bugging her now..LOL
DeleteI am loving the cooler temps here in the Pacific Northwest. Went for a walk last night w' my hubby & actually got to wear a light jacket. That didn't happen much in Necada. Nice pic of you & Wally by your firepit!
ReplyDeleteAre you getting much rain right now?
DeleteOops! I meant Nevada.
ReplyDeleteWe are having a lovely day here in southern Ohio too. I've just remarked that it seems a bit chilly. I'm probably the only one who thinks so though. I get cold here a lot. Ii'd love to have a bonfire, but again the mosquitoes eat me up.
ReplyDeleteMichigan has several cases of the West Nile virus, which comes from mosquitoes. I think we have had 6 deaths from it already this season!
DeleteWe are unusually dry for this time of year. My younger son, Rick is bemoaning that fact. He loves overcast skies & cool temps. Speaking of cool temps., I think I'll go sit on the front porch & ponder my picket pumpkins I want to craft while I digest my delicious dinner. Anthony & I, mostly Anthony made a scrumptious vegetable stir-fry.
ReplyDeleteTomorrow nearby Carkeek Park is having a cider-sampling & fruit seminar in their orchard. I think Mark, Anthony & I are gonna go check it out.
I love, love, love your banner or heading on your blog. You are so smart! We are beginning to feel "fallish" in Tennessee too, and just hoping we dont go back to the 90's again. Next week the high is to be in the 70's and lows in the 50's, which to me, is perfect. My son lives next door to us, and every weekend he has a fire pit going in his back yard. We walk over now and then, but dont stay long because if there is one mosquito in the whole state, it will bite me! Hope you have a good weekend.
ReplyDeleteWe had our first light frost last night...fall is here and winter is not far away.
ReplyDeleteJulie - Have you heard any kind of predictions yet as to what kind of winter northern Michigan is going to have this season?
Delete