Autumn officially arrives today in Michigan at 10:49am. Our weather today is reflecting the beginning of autumn as well. Our temps will stay in the high 50's today. Fall is such a great time to make crock pot dinners. I made chicken tortilla soup last week and a made a roast the other day. I am going to try to make at least one crock pot dinner each week. I did a search on Pinterest for crock pot recipes and found so many. I also follow the blog, 365 Days of Crock Pot . Do you have a favorite recipe that you make in a crock pot?
I can't wait for the fall colors to start bursting! We usually make one or two trips to northern Michigan to take in the beautiful colors. Below are pictures from fall 2010 and 2011. Have a wonderful weekend and I hope you enjoy ushering in autumn 2012!








Love, love, love my crock-pot. I'll try to post my favorite cp recipes as I make this fall. Today I'm making ham and cheddar chowder on the stove, then I'll store it overnight in the refrigerator in the cp and turn it on in the morning so hopefully it will be warm by the time we return from church.
ReplyDeleteHam and cheddar chowder sounds soooo good! I can't wait for you to share some of your crock pot recipes!
DeleteOne of my favourite recipes is one similiar to one of yours. Instead of tomato soup it uses onion soup with the pork.
DeleteI really miss seeing all the fall colours here. We don't have so many colours for tree leaves in Spain. Hope you have a good Sunday, Kris. I'm flying back to Spain tomorrow.
Brenda - I am going to try that with onion soup. I bet it tastes so good!
DeleteI literally would cook everything in the crockpot if I could. I love one dish meals, with less to clean up. Hope we can all share recipes through out the fall and winter. Football is calling my name!
ReplyDeleteI agree, Linda! So simple and I love the time it saves me!
DeleteI don't use my crockpot as often as I should. I like to make spaghetti sauce in it, so it cooks all day. I also like to do a pot roast with all the veggies. Makes the house smell so good! Kris, I spent the first day of autumn at an outdoor swim meet, and I got sunburned!! No fall weather for us yet.
ReplyDeleteHope your sunburn is better today! 5 more sleeps and I will be enjoying that sunshine!
DeleteLOL, I had to look up what a crock pot is ;) Is it something like a stew?
ReplyDeleteI love those Fall colors! Breathtaking!
Riete - A crock pot is the pot that is used to cook recipes in a slower method than is normally used when cooking on a stove top. Another name for a crock pot would be, slow cooker. I love using mine because the recipes are usually pretty simple and they are one dish meals. I get up in the morning and put the ingredients in the crock pot and it slow cooks the entire day. It's a real time saver and the food comes out tasting so tender, juicy and yummy!
DeleteLovely photos. Awesome colours.
ReplyDelete