Monday, September 10, 2012
Question of The Week
This past weekend I forgot to bring a book or my iPad on our camping trip. I love reading when I get a few days away from the house. I can read in silence and there is no interruptions. I can get lost in a good story so easily when I am camping. I'll never forget reading the first Harry Potter book while at our camper. I would get up early in the morning and go sit outside near the campfire that was still burning some ashes from the night before. I would read while the kids were playing catch or while they were at the pool. I read while Walt would be getting the grill going for dinner. I would read the entire weekend!
On this trip, I ended up reading the new issue of EveryDay with Rachael Ray magazine from cover to cover. It was enjoyable but a magazine is no match for a good novel. I wish I had more time at home to read. It seems as though I have too much on my mind when I read at home or by the time I climb in bed and try to read at the end of the day, I can only get through a couple of pages before sleep over takes me.
Question of the week: What do you wish you had more time for?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I wish I had more time for so much more! More time to read definitely, I'm the same as you - if I read during the day there are too many things I think I should be doing, then at night, I don't get through much at all before I'm out!
ReplyDeleteI left you a response back on my page about the jewelry...I don't think blogger lets us know when another post has been made to a blog we've commented on. It does make it more difficult to follow a conversation.
Thanks for letting me know! I am heading off to your page now:-)
DeleteGood morning, Kris. I wish I had more time to read, more time to enjoy cooking, more time to do my jewelry, more time to sew... the list goes on. Weekends go too fast, and working all day during the week doesn't allow for much extra. I'm more tired now, too. Don't have the energy I had 15-20 years ago.
ReplyDeleteWhat I miss from Multiply --- birthday reminders, a real "in-box", and an easier way to have a quick note page. But Blogger is a great site and the more I use it, the easier it gets. Have a good Monday!!
I think if more people connected their blog to Google+ it would serve as a great "in box". I love how Cheryl will post pictures and small notes on Google+, I want to start doing that a little more often. I do share my blog post on Google+ when I have a new post ready. I know you do the same, and it's a great tool to let everyone know that your page has been updated. Is there anything new over on Multiply?
DeleteSince I got my kindle, I read more, especially at night as I'm not a huge TV fan plus the fact that there are so many free books for kindle. I used to be addicted to magazines like the Good Housekeeping type, but now the only magazine I subscribe to is a computer magazine.
ReplyDeleteI too enjoy those free books on Kindle! I just started to get into the free cookbooks on there:-)
DeleteI wish the cool of the morning would last longer and the sunsets also but the season is changing and Fall is in the air. Soon I will wish Fall lasted longer!
ReplyDeleteMe too, Cheryl!
DeleteI wish I could run this autumn. I wish I could watch the sun rise more :)
ReplyDeleteIs there a chance that you will recover before winter hits? I'm keeping you in my prayers!
DeleteI think what I wish I had time for or could do again, would be to shop with, work in garden with, walk without having to park in the handicapped space, my children and grandchildren. I am able to drive them everywhere, but is it. I have been an active, get up and go lady all my life, until I hit 65, and it has gone down hill since. But on a happy note, I am thankful to be alive and hope I will be for years to come.
ReplyDeleteDid you delete your Multiply site too?
No, I haven't deleted it yet but I am thinking about it. I have a couple of friends over there that haven't decided on if and where they will be blogging so I have kept my page open so I can continue to keep in contact with them.
DeleteI wish I had more time to read as well, but I'd really love to have more time to scrapbook or make cards. Though I think my family knows if I have a spare minute to myself because then the calls and texts come in and they find a way to fill up any free time I might have with things for them. lol There never seems to be enough hours in the day...or maybe there are, but I am just not utilizing my time in the best way and allowing myself to just stop and enjoy this life that God has given me.
ReplyDeleteI guess I am lucky....since I retired I have more time. I read 3 to 5 books a week, work on my art, and can run out to the stores whenever....it is feeling like doing those things that hits me. I seem not to be as motivated as I would like. But since school is back in session and I have more of a schedule, I do much better now.
ReplyDeleteI wish I had more time... & space to build small furniture. I love working with wood & power tools. I also love to paint on rocks & give them to people that I love.
ReplyDeleteDeb!! It's so good to see you on here!
DeleteMy boys are helping me figure out this blogging business. It all started w' that "Wordless Wednesday" you posted w' your mom n' I. I must have read it several times before I realized I could open up your whole blog post and it was so much fun and interesting that I wanted to be a little part of it. I was so bummed when there were no new posts for several days. I loved today's remembrance of 9-11 comments. I must remember to keep all those families devastated by this horrific event in my prayers tonight.
DeleteDeb, you should start a crafting blog! You could post pictures of the furniture you redo.
DeleteI took a little break from blogging last week for my father in-law's funeral and our weekend camping trip. Hope your week is going great!