Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Ten Thought Tuesday: Remembering 9/11






Today's "Ten Thought Tuesday" will be dedicated to the memory of that horrific day - September 11, 2001.

1. I had just started a new job at a chiropractic clinic and I was working at the front desk.  I remember my boss hurrying into her office and saying that a plane had hit the side of the World Trade Center.  She put a radio on and by that time a second plane had hit.

2. The doctors had left their offices and had come up front and tried to get the tvs in the waiting room to switch from the health video that we played daily for our patients to a network news broadcast of what was happening in NYC.

3. We quickly learned that this was not accident but a terrorist attack.

4. I wanted to go get my children out of school so desperately bad and hug them.

5.  My boss from my second job (bookkeeping) and close friend, Tim, was traveling that day and I knew he was on an airplane.  He was on the runway but before his plane could take off they cancelled his flight and he returned back to the airport.  I received a call from him that he was okay.  I was so happy when I heard his voice on the other end of the phone.

6.  Chrysler cancelled the 2nd shift that day and it put me at ease that Walt, along with my mom and dad, would  be home with our children.

7. We ended up only seeing 3 patients the entire day.  Nobody wanted to leave their home.

8. Our priest, Fr. Jerry, was in NYC on that horrific day.  He was in line for the Today Show when the attack happened.  He rushed towards the collapsed towers in hopes to minister to victims.  

9. My heart broke as I watched loved ones searching for their loved ones during the days and months that followed.

10.  My prayers and thoughts are with our country today.  

5 comments:

  1. A day none of us will ever forget that dreadful day. Your 10 thoughts tell it all. Hope your day is a good one Kris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are times in our lives that will never leave our memories - like they are engraved on the brain (and heart). The same as when Kennedy was shot (you don't remember that,though, but I do). I will write about this today, too. We will never forget.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will always remember. Thank you for sharing your memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very sad day that is always going to remain with us. I'll never forget where I was that day or the feelings that go along with that day 11 years ago...and the many days following. I had just started my vacation the day before and spent a big portion of my vacation watching the events unfold and the days after the attack with people looking for their loved ones and hearing their stories. So unbelievable. It is something that hopefully will always stay with us and hopefully it helps us to always remember the value of our loved ones and to not take this life we are given for granted. Not just today, but every day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a day we"ll never forget and remember exactly where we were that day. I don't know for sure, but perhaps we remember unpleasant things better than those that please us because I remember the failed coup d estat in Spain like it was yesterday and that had been more than 30 years ago. May God have mercy on each and every one of those who have died and those who have suffered great losses!

    ReplyDelete