1. My favorite TV show of all time is Gilmore Girls. I own every episode and have watched each one countless times. Lauren and I will often have a "Gilmore Girls marathon". Those are the best!
2. My favorite new show is The Newsroom. I wish the season ran during the traditional fall to spring season. We have to wait until May for it's return.
3. My favorite childhood TV show was The Brady Bunch. I dreamed of having a staircase like the Bradys did and I thought their Grand Canyon vacation was the best!
4. My favorite TV comedy of all time is Friends. I have seen every episodes more times than I can count.
5. My favorite character on Friends is Phoebe.
6. My favorite TV horror show is Supernatural. I do admit though, I usually have my hands over my eyes or 3/4 of the show:-)
7. I am HUGE American Idol fan! I have watched every season since the end of season 1. Lindsay and I have gone to 5 of the concerts and she has met several of the contestants. Here is a picture of Lindsay with last year's runner up, Jessica Sanchez. I posted a picture in one of my first blogs of her and American Idol winner, Phillip Phillips. You can check it out here: Lindsay and Phillip Phillips
8. During the summer the only thing that is on my TV during the week is Tiger Baseball!
9. Carol Burnett is the best! I wish there were more comedy variety shows like this still on TV!
10. And lastly, my favorite comedian and talk show host that is currently on TV is Ellen! I DVR her show everyday! She cracks me up. She comes the closest to Carol Burnett on TV today.










Good post, Kris! I DRV Ellen, too. Joe even watches it with me! I loved Friends, but I think I loved Seinfeld a little more. Brady Bunch was great, but it was hard to beat Archie Bunker back in the day. Carol Burnett, Sonny & Cher, The Smothers Brothers, Laugh-In, Ed Sullivan...those were the days. I don't watch AI anymore, but am a DWTS fan. I think it's great that we have so many choices today, and many of the best shows are not on the traditional network stations. I am anxious for Grey's Anatomy to start again this Thursday (Justin Chambers is my cousin). Bones is also back this week! TV junkie, for sure - that's me! Have a good day!
ReplyDeleteTerri you bring up some awesome shows! I loved All In The Family and I can remember watching Laugh-In with my family. Do you remember Hee-Haw? LOL..That was one of my mom, dad and grandma's favorites.
DeleteAh I like Ellen too! Idol is real big but I've never watched it. Cool to see the pics :) of course, Tigers are number 1 !!! Yay!! Grins. I liked the Brady bunch too. Our favorite is NCIS. :) gm xxx
ReplyDeleteGo Tigers!! I've never watched NCIS but would like to rent the DVD's one day:-)
DeleteGreat idea, Kris! I'm with you on Gilmore Girls....LOVED watching that show with my girls!! My daughter "borrowed" my DVD set, I'm wondering if I'll ever see it again! I agree with you also on Brady Bunch and Carol Burnett was alright. That's where our similarities end.
ReplyDeleteMy guess is that you will probably never see those dvd's again..LOL.
DeleteOh I remember the Brady Bunch. Back then I didn't really think about it but now I wonder what it be like to have someone do all the cooking and help the kids and the cleaning.
ReplyDeleteMy daughter loves to watch the Gilmore girls. Nice show.
I hope you have a great day!
Haha..How nice would it be to have our very own Alice??
DeleteI'm not a huge television fan, but my family did like family programmes like The Brady Bunch, Eight is Enough, etc. I think my favourites when I was little were The Mickey Mouse Club and Roy Rogers and Dale Evans. I used to rock to American Bandstand too!
ReplyDeleteI used to love to watch the reruns of The Mickey Mouse Club!
DeleteI never missed American Bandstand! I would dance in my living room with my best friend..haha
DeleteLove all the old shows that were half way decent. Ellen is great...love a dry sense of humor; I watch all the "who done it" shows...lol NCIS, NCIS-LA, Criminal Minds, Covert Affairs, Revenge. Always, always loved Gilmore Girls. Some of the shows you and your friends mentioned were back in "my" day, and surely you all just saw re-runs! lol Good post Kris.
ReplyDeleteI remember Hee-Haw well, it was one of my dad's favorite shows. He also liked All in the Family. Archie Bunker(Carroll O'Conner) always kinda reminded me of my dad. Appearance wise I mean, not the temperament. I liked both of those shows too, but my all time favorite TV show was The Walton's. I also enjoyed all the old game shows. I still love to watch Wheel Of Fortune.
ReplyDeleteAnybody remember the old children's show; Romper Room? I was actually on that show & still have my certificate stating that I was at all times a good do-bee!! Lol!!!
What a great Top 10 list this week. :) I've never seen Gilmore Girls before. Maybe I should check out the DVD's. My sister was (is) a huge Brady Bunch fan. When we used to get home from school, we would watch the Brady Bunch on Nickelodeon. I used to watch some of American Idol, but never got super into it except for the season with Chris Daughtry. During the week days, my TV is almost never on. I don't think it has been on once since Ava has started school. lol On the weekends though during football season, well that's another story. We watch college football on Saturday (unless our teams play on a different night) and then on Sunday it is more football and I try to catch Monday night football too. Some of the shows I watch are Glee (Ava is in love with this show and I love it too). Revenge (Ava doesn't watch this). Hart of Dixie and if I have a chance to watch it, Law & Order: SVU. I do watch reruns of Friends and the George Lopez Show from time to time on tv. Those shows can make me spend quite a bit of time in front of the TV if it is a marathon and it doesn't matter that I've seen them all more times than I can count on each hand. lol
ReplyDeleteGrowing up though my favorite shows were Growing Pains, Who's The Boss, and The Cosby Show. And my Mom and I would watch Inside Edition and Extra. My Mom loved the classics like Donna Reed, Mr. Ed., The Patty Duke Show, and Father Knows Best. I loved watching those with her too. :)