Monday, October 15, 2012

A New Week

We had a nice relaxing weekend.  We didn't have any huge plans or anywhere to go.  Those kinds of weekend don't happen very often in our house.  We basically just hung out at home with the kids and watched sports.  The Tigers won both games against the Yankees this weekend!  The Lions came from behind to beat Philadelphia yesterday.  Unfortunately the Spartans didn't fare as well as the Lions and Tigers.  They lost this weekend in double OT to Iowa.  

My Weight Watcher diet is going so good.  I don't know why I didn't go back to Weight Watchers before now.  I did WW years ago and lost about 40 lbs.  After visiting with my friend Terri in Florida, who lost 50 lbs on WW and is now back on the program, I decided to give it a try.  I love it!  I am never hungry and I feel so great.  Tomorrow is my weigh-in day.  Since September 12th I have lost 5.5 lbs so far.  I had started dieting last month and had lost a couple of pounds before I started WW.  I hope I can drop another pound by tomorrow.

In preparation for the 5K run that Lauren and I have signed up for, we went running at the community center's walking trail yesterday.  The run is being hosted by my good friend Donna's, daughter Jennifer.  The funds raised from this run will go to support the Michigan Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation & Dance scholarship fund.  It will be our first 5K!  I am really looking forward to it!  

I hope everyone had a great weekend and wishing you all a wonderful start to the new week!




9 comments:

  1. I saw the very end of the last Tiger game, and of course thought of you and how happy you would be. I had a fairly quiet weekend too, but I enjoy that kind. Hope you week ahead is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda..I love quiet weekends too. I bet you were happy to see the rain move out, the drive you and Jim took looked so nice.

      Delete
  2. We are happy about the Tiger wins, too, but Joe was not so happy that the Eagles lost. The game wasn't on, here, so all he got was the score. You are doing great on WW. I actually gained back almost a pound of the 6 I've lost. I slipped up a couple of times last week, though. Back to the plan this week! Glad you had a relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terri..I was thinking of Joe yesterday! Good luck with WW this week!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your weight loss :) I hope you have a great run :) have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your weight loss! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are the best kind of weekends. Friday was a holiday for us. I did have one class, but the rest of the time I was able to devote to other things like starting to get my winter clothes out. Hope you're having a good Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your weight loss. Awesome !
    I get someextra exercise now taking my husky walking . It's fun to have her with me. Between that and the gym I hope I can get off my plateau I'm just holding my own but over last year I lost 24 pounds yay! I was in TOPS awhile but it really wasn't for me. It was more of a social thing I think . I'm sure different groups vary what they do. I think your weight watchers group is more serious ! Probably they don't go out to eat a lot or pass goodies around lol

    ReplyDelete