Thursday, October 18, 2012

And So My Day Begins...

I really thought this morning I would be writing about how happy I was that the Tigers had won the pennant but that will have to wait until this evening because last night's game was postponed due to rain.  Game time today is at 4:07!  I'm grateful that it won't be a late night.  Go Tigers!!

Last night I made a delicious pot of spaghetti for dinner.  I used 97% lean ground beef which kept the sauce at only 4 WW points.  The pasta was another 3 points so I had a yummy dinner for a total of 7 points.  Not too bad!

Keeping on the topic of health, I went to Zumba yesterday.  My friend Leah is the instructor and she offers this class free to Curves members.  I burned 520 calories for an hour workout.  I'm sore this morning but it's a good sore.

The weekend is knocking at our door!  Other than having Matt's senior photos scheduled for Sunday, we really don't have any plans.  I think I am going to spend some time cleaning and organizing the room that used to be my father in-law's bedroom and I need to get down in the basement and start going through "stuff" that I can bag up and get ready for donation.  I also want to work on our Halloween costumes.  We are planning on going up north next weekend for a big Halloween party.  Does anyone have any cute ideas for a couple's Halloween costume?  

9 comments:

  1. Your pasta looks yummy! Joe was disappointed about last night's game being rained out, too. I'm sure all those fans in the stands weren't happy about it, either. Glad it is earlier today, and hope they can pull it off! Lakeland is very proud!

    I've heard about Zumba for old folks - Golden Zumba or something like that. My knees couldn't survive a Zumba session, but maybe one geared to creaking bones might work! LOL

    I can't wait to see your Halloween costumes. No suggestions - I've never been to an adult Halloween party, so haven't a clue. Keep us posted, though! Wishing you a good Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terri - I felt bad for the fans that went to the game last night. They paid for parking, probably and drinks and food while the rain delay was going on and then after an hour and half they call the game. The worst part of it all is that it wasn't even raining! The called it because there was a threat of rain. I didn't see the first rain drop until after 10:00! MLB really screwed up on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a disappointment about the game last night. Hoping you can get a win tonight for sure! We love spaghetti, and yours looks yummy, and how great about the points! Have never been to an adult Halloween party either, but will look forward to seeing your costumes! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure hope we can some rain later on. I saw bits of a recent match between Ireland and Portugal and was it ever raining! I'll bet you can find cool ideas for Halloween costumes on the internet.What did we ever do before the World Wide Web?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The spaghetti sauce looks yummy. Do you have a recipe you follow? I make my own spaghetti sauce and people have asked for the recipe, but I never measure anything so it is hard to give out a spaghetti sauce recipe. lol Yours looks delicious. What have you gone as in the past for costumes? There are tons of cute ideas on the internet and Pinterest. Sorry to hear about the game getting rained out. Hopefully the Tigers win tonight. Can't wait to see Matt's Senior pictures. I am sure they will be wonderful. Oh and way to go on doing Zumba! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mandi - I just used a jar sauce (Heart Smart - Prego) and added chopped onion, ground beef and Italian seasoning. I do have a really good homemade sauce recipe but I very rarely make it because the jar is so fast and easy during the week..lol.

      Delete
  6. The spaghetti looks great , sorry the game got rained out
    Looks like you have another big life event coming up soon as your son will graduate this year. I bet his photos will be great! Hope he has an awesome Senior year

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just watched the Tiger's game and they won!!! I bet you are jumping and cheering...I know I am. I am so proud of the Tigers and hope they go all the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruth..you should have seen our living room.lol. We were screaming and jumping up and down. The dogs even got into it! GO TIGERS!!!

      Delete