Monday, October 29, 2012

Halloween Fun!


We had a fun time at Jim and Karen's cottage this weekend!  The drive up was so nice.  The weather was a perfect cool autumn day.  I was surprised at how bare all the trees were.  There is a point in our drive where we hit the 45th Parallel - which is halfway between the  equator & north pole.  I snapped this picture as we drove by it.  

We arrived at the cottage before Jim and Karen and got the furnace going and turned on the water.  They haven't been up to their cottage in a month and they were surprised by all the leaves that covered their yard.  You couldn't see the grass at all!

Saturday was a fun day for us girls.  Karen, Sue and me spent the afternoon in the quaint town of Petoskey.  We had lunch at the City Grill, which is known for being haunted.  We had our eyes peeled for ghosts!  After lunch we headed to the casino to try our luck out.  I won 1,650.....nickels..lol.  It was a fun afternoon!  While we were enjoying our day in Petoskey, the guys were busy working on the pole barn that Jim has started building in his yard.  I think our plans were much more enjoyable!

The Halloween Party was a blast!  We laughed and danced all night.  There was a great band playing and the costumes were fantastic!  The party was hosted by The 211 Bar and Grill.  It is our favorite place to eat and have a good time when we are up north.  They are named after the road they are on and are located at the very end of the road.  Their slogan is..Where the 211 ends...and the fun begins!  So true!




You wouldn't want these two giving you medical care..LOL


Jim and Karen..aka..Bonnie and Clyde!


 Sue, me and Karen..good times!

Matt..the owner of the 211 



6 comments:

  1. Loved the photos of your costumes. Sure looks like everyone had a good time.. Better luck next time at seeing a ghost. Maybe they're scared of Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! I have never been to a costume party for Halloween. Seems like something I should put on my bucket list! LOL Glad you had such a good weekend!! Thanks for sharing the photos and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to an adult Halloween party either, but I remember my favorite costume from when I was about 14. I dressed up as a 20's flapper. I got the cutest little black dress with the shimmy strings all over it at a thrift store and I even cut my hair in the front cause my mom told me I needed a spit curl in the middle of my forehead. My cousin, Tammy dressed up as an old granny. We were quite the pair in a photo mom took! Lol!!

    You and Walt looked adorable and I'm glad you had a nice weekend. I absolutely love the pic. of your friends cottage! It's several things I want in my future house. It's butter yellow, one of my favorite colors and it has a front porch. That is a must have, and the railing is reminiscent of the white picket fence I want in my front yard.

    P.S. That owner looks a tad creepy!!! Lol!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend Kris! :)

    ReplyDelete