Friday, October 12, 2012

Much Happier This Morning!

I might be dead tired this morning (stayed up to 1:30 am) but I am much happier than I was yesterday morning!  The Tigers beat the Oakland A's last night by the score of 6-0!  We are moving on to the ALCS!  We will either play the Yankees or Orioles.  Bring it on!!

Another reason I woke up in happy mood is because it is Friday:)  It's been a busy week and I welcome the weekend with open arms!  I'm looking forward to going out to dinner with Walt tonight.  I have started doing Weight Watchers so I did some research on what will be my best choice when we go out for dinner.   The margaritas that I love so much at the Parrot Cove will have to wait until I drop my first 10 lbs.  I would be out 6 points before dinner even arrived on the table!


This past Wednesday we celebrated Matt and Corey's birthdays.  I made a ham dinner with all the fixings.  This was Corey's first Beaver family birthday party as our son-law.  We do birthday's up big (dinner, lots of gifts, cake and ice cream).  I think the tradition went over very well:)  It was a fun celebration with the family!

Have a wonderful and safe weekend everyone!  Go Tigers!!


The birthday guys!  They are more like brothers than brother in-laws:)


If you haven't noticed, we recycle birthday candles..LOL.  This particular Happy Birthday cake topper has become a tradition.  We have used this topper on the top of everyone's cake for over 20 years!  I know, we are a strange bunch..haha.






10 comments:

  1. You don't look like you need to lose any weight! I do hope you get to a weight where you feel comfortable.

    My mother used to re-use birthday candles and those plastic decorations too...therefore, I have always done that too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julie! I need to lose about 25 pounds. I'm finding that WW is really easy to do. I haven't felt deprived at all.

      Delete
  2. First thing I saw when I signed in and the news/sports came up, is that your Tigers won!!!! Yippee. Your birthdays look a lot like ours. Fun times. Have a good Friday and weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, you should have heard our house at 1:00 this morning..all kinds of Whooo Hoooing going on! Have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  3. I love your tradition. Birthdays should always be special occasions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree..Birthday's need to be extra special:-)

      Delete
  4. I LOVE big birthday celebrations! Thanks for sharing the photos - and the traditional cake toppers! The BEST!!

    Enjoy dinner out. We have found Applebee's to be very WW friendly. I love th 5 oz sirloin with spinach and mushrooms. A nice glass of wine is only 4 points.... just sayin'.

    I don't feel like I've lost anything this week. Tomorrow is weigh-in day. Have a great weekend, Kris!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terri - I was surfing around Applebee's website..they have a great WW friendly menu! I enjoy beer so I am going to have a Miller's 64 tonight. It is only 2 points! I keep meaning to tell you. I was about to order the WW calculator and I did a quick search in the droid apps store and I found one I can have on my phone for free! I've been using it today and I love it:-)

      Delete
  5. It looks like a fun birthday weekend!! Yay!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice birthday picture. Looks like a great time.

    ReplyDelete