Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Returning To The Real World

We returned home from our Florida vacation on Monday afternoon.  I am having a hard time getting back into the swing of things. 

We had such a wonderful trip.  We spent much of our time either on the golf course or relaxing by the pool. 

We also spent a day at Epcot at the International Food & Wine Festival.  My favorite food was Japan's spicy tuna and salmon hand roll and my favorite wine was the chardonnay in France.  

One of my favorite parts of the trip was being able to see my friend Terri!  My sister and I met Terri in Lakeland at the coffee shop, Black and Brew and enjoyed great conversation and some delicious coffee.  It's funny how we don't see each other in person very often but when we get together it's like we have seen each other on a daily basis.

We are looking forward to going back to Florida with the family next summer.  It's always nice to start planning another vacation when you return home, it makes coming back to the real world a little easier to handle :-)

Spicy Tuna and Salmon Hand Roll Sushi in Japan!


Terri and I enjoying our coffee and a wonderful visit!



Walt getting ready to drive the ball!



I didn't golf but I did enjoy riding around
 the golf course with my husband!



This was one of four pools at the Grande Vista Resort.  

13 comments:

  1. Oh what beautiful faces, smiles and faces. Thank you for sharing your joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful place to stay and play! So glad you got to meet up with Terri again, and I agree, even tho we dont see one another, we still feel like we have known each other forever. I am thankful for the internet for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda..Next to Michigan, Florida is my favorite place to be. I have to say that TN is the prettiest of all the states we drive through!

      Delete
  3. Nice to have you back on Blogger, Kris! It was so good to see you again, and to finally meet your sister! The friendships we form here have certainly been a blessing, and keeping in touch does make it seem like we live just down the street. I hope we can have some time together, again, when you are here next summer! Great photos, and I'm glad you enjoyed Black & Brew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Terri! It's nice to be back:-) I sure wish we had a Black & Brew here!

      Delete
  4. Looks like you had a wonderful time. I don't know about the tuna roll but the pool looks awesome! I really love to swim and when we lived in Henderson we would occasionally take a mini vacation to "far away" Las Vegas. I took my sister, Cheryl to the MGM Grand once and they had a lazy river in their pool. I kept guiding her inner-tube under the many waterfalls and I was laughing so hard as she was spluttering and laughing too. We had such a good time. I'm happy for you that you have some new amazing memories. I know you cherish family and friends as do I. I'm also glad your back. I missed you.

    Well, gotta go work on my spindle leg table I'm building. Have a great day. Say hi to everybody for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you back, and, as I wrote on Terri's blog, glad you two were able to meet up. Oh, who doesn't enjoy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brenda! It's good to see you blogging too!

      Delete
  6. What a great vacation! It's great that you were able to meet with Terri! Welcome home :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so good to have you back, but I'm glad you had such a nice trip. I have to confess...I'm a teeny-weeny bit jealous. ;)

    ReplyDelete