![]() |
| Source: alifeofbeautyandgrace.tumblr.com via Holly on Pinterest |
With it being Friday, I find it fitting to post how thankful I am for weekends! The stress from the week (work, busy schedules, getting up early..etc) all diminish when 4 pm on Friday arrives!
Over the weekend Walt and I usually have a "date night", we may even have two date nights! I love our weekends that are spent at our camper or at Jim and Karen's cottage. There is nothing better than a weekend in northern Michigan. I love weekends that are spent right at home as well. I cherish a peaceful Saturday morning - having coffee and playing on the computer or reading a good book. No rush to go anywhere, just time relaxing and usually still while I am in my sweatpants and sweatshirt :-)
Another favorite thing for me to do on the weekend is to cook a big family breakfast. I love when the whole family is home and we sit around the kitchen table and have the best conversations. I also love renting movies or catching up on programs that we DVR'd throughout the week. You can also pretty much bet that a sporting event will be on our TV during the weekend. With it being a fall, football will be the sport of choice on Saturday and Sunday. Go Spartans!! Go Lions!!
The beauty of the weekend is that it will be time that we can reconnect with each other and our family. I'm truly thankful for our weekends! This weekend is even better because we get to turn back the clocks!

We got to turn ours back last weekend,but as I stated wish they'd leave the time alone. I'm thankful for the weekends too. When I worked in the institute, we had classes until 1 p.m., which meant we had less time on the weekends.
ReplyDeleteIt's hard to get used to the time change when it first happens. I handled the fall change better than I do the spring.
DeleteThis will probably make my list today, too, Kris. I SO look forward to sleeping in and just piddling around, getting things done at home and relaxing. I don't do it in sweatpants/sweatshirts, however!! LOL
ReplyDeleteEnjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!
LOL! Yea, until I have to leave the house and the rest of the world sees me, I am in my cozy sweatpants/sweatshirts! Usually with no make-up and hair untouched :-)
DeleteI don't like turning back the clocks! I fuss every year. Just means that much less of daylight and the days are short enough in the winter as it is. I am thankful for something today though. Jo Ann fabric is having 25% off everything, including sale items starting today. I'm sure they'll have at least one craft item that I can't live without!! Lol
ReplyDeleteThat's a great sale! How long does the sale last?
DeletetGIF!!! Yes :) I think upnorth is so relaxing ! I do like just chilling with a good book. I hope you have a good one. There's nothing like family time. They grow so fast. Hugs
ReplyDeleteP.S. Baz still says his favorite trip was upnorth at a cottage in Michigan. Smiles.
ReplyDeleteIt's just a 3 day sale, Friday-Sunday. I didn't get to go yesterday, so hopefully today. I can't miss it. They rarely let you use a coupon on stuff that's already marked down & their fall items are at 70% off. Do you guys have JoAnn fabrics in Michigan? I also love Hobby Lobby. They've almost always got a 40% off coupon good on one item. I could browse in craft stores for hours! Well maybe not hours, but I do love taking my time looking at all the creative stuff they have. Last week I purchased some fleece material for miniature snowmen. It was only 75 cents because I only needed 4" of fabric. I love that you can buy as little as 4". I bet you want to run over to a craft store now & buy something to make!! Fun, fun, fun!!!
ReplyDeleteI love the photo here, did you take it?
ReplyDelete