Lauren and I have already decided that we are going to sign up for a spring run. My goal is to complete the race in under 30 minutes. I better start training now!
Sunday, November 4, 2012
Being Thankful - Day 4
Today I am thankful for the opportunity to scratch something off of my bucket list. I ran in my first 5K marathon and even though my time isn't too impressive (39 min) just the fact that I completed the race makes me feel like I accomplished something! It also felt good to help out a great organization as MAHPERD. The money raised will go to support student scholarships in the fields of physical activity and recreation. My best friend Donna's daughter organized the run and what an awesome job she did. I know how hard organizing an event like this is.
Lauren and I have already decided that we are going to sign up for a spring run. My goal is to complete the race in under 30 minutes. I better start training now!
Lauren and I have already decided that we are going to sign up for a spring run. My goal is to complete the race in under 30 minutes. I better start training now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I think that is quite an accomplishment! I have never been in a marathon, but you never know. Maybe I'll try one someday. Although my time will probably make yours seem deserving of an olympic gold medal! Lol. Where did you run at & how was the weather? Anyway, congrats to you & Lauren.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Deb! It was at Stony Creek, which is a Metro Park in our area. The weather was really cold. It was suppose to be sunny and 50F but it ended up being overcast and 42:-( I'm hoping for nicer weather for our next one!
DeleteThe important thing is that you finished the race and were able to do it. Hope you raised lots of money.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Brenda!
DeleteI admire you for doing the run and have no doubt you will accomplish another in less than 30 minutes. Hope your week ahead is good. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your run!!!! Great job!!! It's wonderful to hear all the positive things that are happening in your life too :). Hope you have a good week. I know you'll do wonderful in the spring. Happy training.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Kris on taking on this 5k run! :) I look forward to hearing how you do in the Spring.
ReplyDelete