Being Thankful - Day 7
I'm thankful for that first cup of coffee that greets me every morning! I didn't start drinking coffee until I was in my 30's and was working in an office. My co-workers would pass my desk on their way to the office kitchen to grab their cup of coffee and to take a short break by looking over the newspaper or chatting with each other. As much as I didn't like coffee, I did love chatting and reading over the newspaper so began my love affair with coffee :-)
I didnt drink coffee either until I was grown and working around those that HAD to have that cup! Now I am hooked and love it. Have a good Thursday Kris.
ReplyDeleteI don't remember when I started drinking coffee, but we always had a pot of coffee brewed at home. Mom and dad enjoyed a cup or two after dinner (when the kids were done and gone from the table) so they could talk with each other, I'm sure (looking back). I have two or three cups in the morning. I love the smell of coffee!
ReplyDeleteMy parents didn't drink coffee. I started when I went thru my divorce. I really do enjoy my coffee time :). Almost fri :)
ReplyDeleteI started drinking coffee as a child, my mom called it coffee milk and was milk with a drop of coffee in it. Little by little, there was less milk and more coffee. Love my coffee each morning as well. Now Hubby and I enjoy that time together at the table, that's our time to connect with each other.
ReplyDeleteMy parents both drank coffee. My dad liked it black. I used to love the aroma when my mom would open a new can! I used to think I can't wait til I'm a grown up so I can drink coffee. I don't know what happened, but I never started drinking coffee. Maybe I'm not grown up enough yet!! Lol. My drink of choice is tea. I especially like iced tea, but I also do hot tea. I drink green, peppermint, raspberry zinger, plain ol' black and more recent I began drinking hibiscus. I started drinking it because my brother-in-law told me it was good for my high blood pressure. I brew fresh hibiscus flowers. It's dark red and delicious. Although, I think it's an acquired taste. My older son & husband both like coffee. But my older son also drinks tea, mostly just hot. He got me started on green. I used to think it tasted like grass! Now I love that one too. Especially with an English butter cookie!!! Yum.
ReplyDeleteYou know some people think the smell of coffee is unpleasant. They say it smells like fish. I can't think of any better smell to wake up to. I've always loved coffee. My grandmother always made her coffee very strong, which is how I like it. Of course, I wasn't allowed to drink it. Coffee has improved some in the US, but I'm not a Starbuck's fan. When I'm in the US, I miss my Spanish coffee.
ReplyDelete