I have been busy with making coasters for the special orders that we received from the craft show. They are turning out really nice. We are also making coasters with Pointe Magazine's logo on them. They will serve as a small gift for the guests that attend the magazine's Christmas party.
Pointe Magazine was one of the big sponsors at this year's holiday event, Hollyfest. The event helps raise money to support the family centers of Grosse Pointe and Harper Woods. My brother in-law is also the president of the family center. It was also nice spending the evening with Lauren and Corey. We had a beautiful dinner, the prime rib was excellent and the live auction was fun to watch. It was also fun getting dressed up! We took a picture before we left. We don't get dressed up that often so I needed a picture..LOL.
![]() |
| Hollyfest |
I found this tip on Pinterest and decided to give it a try. It works. My house smells heavenly right now. My family will probably think that I have been baking when they wake up this morning..haha. All you do is put 2 teaspoons of vanilla in a coffee cup and place it in the oven at 300 for one hour. Simple!
Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend!

Yes, usually I'm just going about my normal routine, and that is certainly nothing to blog about LOL!
ReplyDeleteThe picture of the two of you is great! It's nice to get dressed up once in a while.
I love to scent my home with vanilla! I've never done it in the oven before though, that's good to remember.
Mmmmm...I love the smell of vanilla. What a great tip. Your photo is great, Kris. You two make a handsome couple, indeed!! And yes, there are days when I really have nothing to say. I think we have all been there! Are the coasters your are making like the tiles you did for the wedding? Those looked so nice! Will you share the instructions?
ReplyDeleteWhat a super good picture of you two! Mmmmmm, the smell of vanilla is awesome...thanks for the tip! It's beginning to look and smell like Christmas for sure.
ReplyDeleteYou two look absolutely stunning!
ReplyDeleteI will definitely try the vanilla tip :)
Thanks, Kris. I love learning new tricks, plus I make my own vanilla. At this moment, my place smells of lavander because I bought some homemade lavander sachets today and some more Christmas decorations. Would love to see your coasters too.
ReplyDeleteI would also like to see your coasters. What material are you using? I love to work with wood. Have you ever made any out of wood? I have a new craft I'm gonna try. I saw the cutest Christmas ornaments made out of printed craft paper. I'm gonna try making the lantern one. Oh yeah, they were in the December Better Homes & Garden magazine. I was reading it while waiting for my tire to have a screw removed. So after I went to JoAnn Fabric store & got some pretty printed paper. It was on sale for 23 cents a sheet. Well I'm gonna go give it a whirl. I hope they're as easy to make as it seems they are. You & Walt looked positively dashing!
ReplyDeleteGreat pic of you two!!! Interesting about the vanilla. Hope you have a relaxing Sunday !
ReplyDelete