Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Memories of 2012


Walt and I ushered in 2013 in a quiet and relaxing way.  We rented movies, had Thai carryout for dinner, and earlier in the day we bought what we call an expensive bottle of wine for the evening.  We think anything over $10 is an expensive bottle of wine..LOL.  It was a fun and peaceful evening. 

It's hard to believe we are now beginning 2013.  If I had to describe 2012 in one word it would be: Blessed.  God has truly blessed our family with so much and I will never take it for granted.  My favorite memories of 2012:

1. The happiest memory of 2012 came on June 2nd.  It was the day that our daughter married Corey, the love of her life.  It was a day filled with so much happiness, shared with our families and our dear friends.  


2. Lindsay, interviewing Detroit Tiger's all-star Prince Fielder and many of the other players.  Also, having a feature article published in our local daily newspaper. We are so proud as we watch her go after her dream of being a sports journalist. 



3.  The proud moment when Matt won $40,000 in scholarships at the Michigan Thespian Festival.  At first we thought it was $20,000 but found out a few days later that he actually had won $40,000. What a nice surprise that was!



4.  Walt's job rebounding in such a huge way.




5.  Having my cousin Debbie visit us and the family reunion cookout that we had when she was here.



6.  Walt and I celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary in Florida. I also had the opportunity to see my dear friend Terri while we were in Florida!



7.  Our weekend trip to Toronto!



8.  Watching the Detroit Tigers make it to the World Series.



9.  Our weekend trips to our friend's cottage and the time spent boating a jet skiing on Black Lake.




10. Running in my first 5k marathon with my daughter Lauren.  It felt so rewarding as I crossed over the finish line.  



2012 was not without sadness.  God called home my father in-law on August 31st.  I thank God for letting me be a part of my father in-law's life in a way that I never thought I would.  Even though the last 18 months of his life were spent in a nursing home, I still felt as though I was his caregiver.  We spent so much time together - playing cards, watching TV, having meals together, taking walks around the nursing home, going outside to the courtyard and having the most amazing conversations.  I loved him so much and I got to know him in a way that I will always cherish.





Wishing you all a Happy New Year!  May 2013 bring you happiness, peace and good health!


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your year in memories, and I hope this year is just as much a blessed one as the last. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a blessed lady Kris. I pray 2013 will be a good year for you and your family. Thanks for sharing the pictures related to 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kris, your friendship is such a blessing! I remember all of these events from your posts on Multiply and Blogger. I am so happy that we got to meet in person, and have been able to visit in person twice! May God continue to bless you and your beautiful family as we begin a new year! Love & hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, Kris. I'm glad you've become one of my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just put a big ol' pot of black eyed peas on the stove. My dad wouldn't have thought it was New Years if mama didn't make a pot of black eyed peas. They say they aren't as popular here in the Northwest. I'm not sure they're right about that though. I was scooping out the last pound or so at Whole Foods & the couple behind me weren't too happy! Luckily I had another pound at home already. I make a biiig pot! LOL. The only other thing I gotta make is a skillet of good ol' Southern corn bread. Yum. I plan on eating a big bowlful for lots of good luck, lol, & for my dad. Loved all your Christmas & New Years pictures. I wish everyone a happy, healthy & peaceful New Year. Love, Deb.

    P.S. My peas almost boiled over while I was writing this! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos of you and your family. 2012 was a good year for you. I hope the coming one brings many blessings.

    ReplyDelete