Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sunday

Today is my daughter, Lindsay's 21st birthday!  She is up at Michigan State celebrating with her friends and she will be home this afternoon. We will celebrate tonight with her.  Today would have also been my dad's 81st birthday.  He always loved that he received a granddaughter on his 60th birthday.  I sure do miss him.  




We still  have a few things left to do to our bedroom.  I am having a problem finding window treatments that goes nicely with the bedspread and walls.  I think I will make a trip to JC Penney's tomorrow to see if they have anything.  I can't really get a good idea of the color by looking at a picture online.  I also want to pick up a couple of accents pillows and Walt is going to make a headboard.  I am struggling if I want to match the headboard to my furniture or if I want to go with a distressed off white color.  I think the off white would look nice against the dark plum paint and it would go nice with the molding.  I just don't know if it would look strange to have it not match the dresser and nightstands.  What do you think would look best?




12 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your daughter! They sure do grow up too fast. I think it depends on the style of the headboard as to the color. If it has straight lines like your molding than you could probably match the molding...but I would be more inclined to match the furniture. Personally I have been wanting a padded headboard...I just like their looks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Walt suggested that too. He said that would be hard to do..I'm so torn...lol.

      Thanks so much for the birthday wishes for Lindsay!

      Delete
  2. First of all, I don't see why the headboard has to match the other pieces. I'm a firm beliver in mismatched furniture. I suggest you take some photos on your cell phone with you when you go shopping to compare. Hope you find something you like.

    Happy birthday to Lindsay. She'll be thinking of her grandfather today. I'm sure he'll be looking down on her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda..I'm becoming a fan of the mix match furniture too. I just don't know if I can pull it off..LOL. Thanks for birthday wishes for Lindsay!

      Delete
  3. hugs. It's a truly lovely photo. I hope you can find the things you would like for the room. It's great to see it after its all done :) Happy birthday to Lindsay :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I can't wait to hear about your trip and see more pictures!

      Delete
  4. I vote for the off white. Whatever you choose will look good because you have good taste. Happy Birthday to Lindsay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the off-white will look nice, especially with the woodwork. Furniture does not have to match anymore!! It's always been called "eclectic" and I think adds character. Good luck with the window coverings! I love the color! (Joe and I found our headboard at a consignment store - a great way to find what you want and then refinish it.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 21st birthday dear Lindsay. We celebrated my older son, Anthony's 33rd birthday today. Uncle Dick had a few relatives under his birthday belt. God bless him. I miss him too. I have such fond memories of my dear uncle. He was a good person & I cherish him.

    As for your bedroom Krissy, I'm all for the white headboard. It will really pop against your new wall color. If it were me, I'd paint the nightstands white too. Look online at shabby chic painted furniture & you'll be blown away at the different furniture that's been painted & given a whole new look! Just google painted furniture & hit images. Hugs to all, Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthday to Lindsay!

    Mix-and-match seems to be the way to go these days. Mrs. Chance was distressed at first over having different kinds of wood in the bedroom (dresser, headboard and bookcase) but it all came out looking good. You'll probably like it too!

    ReplyDelete