My daughter Lindsay, entered the MLB FanCave contest and has been selected as one of the top 30 finalist! We are not sure how many people sent in their application video to MLB this year but last year the total was over 22,000. When she found out that the MLB selected her application as one of the top 50 we were beyond excited! At that point, the next step was to get everyone to vote for her video. She had 2 weeks to campaign for the chance to audition in front of the MLB judges. She was told that the selection of the top 30 would be based on a combination of vote totals, media attention that they generated and their social media activity. I can't thank our friends and family enough for all the voting that they did. Also the local media was awesome. She was interviewed by WOMC (104.3) morning show, she also had stories written about her in the Detroit Free Press, Oakland Press, Macomb Daily, and a couple of the Detroit Tiger players tweeted for her and the pitching coach for the Tigers, Jeff Jones, endorsed her for the MLB FanCave! It was an exciting two weeks!
She will be flying to Phoenix tomorrow afternoon where she will begin her quest for the ultimate baseball job. If she wins a spot in the MLB FanCave, she will be moving to New York City for the 2013 baseball season. She will be interviewing baseball players and other celebrities. She will be watching every game of every team this season and will be writing a blog and giving live social media updates throughout the games. Her dream is to be a sports journalist and this opportunity would bring her one step closer to that dream! We are so proud of her for making it this far, whatever happens from this point on she has accomplished so much!
Last year she had the opportunity to go to spring training in Lakeland, FL where she interviewed many of the Detroit Tigers.
Detroit Tiger catcher Alex Avila






How exciting for her and we will do what we can from this end...just tell us if we can help. She is having fun working toward the career she wants. I applaud her.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Linda! And you know if we need any help we won't hesitate to call on you..LOL.
DeleteI am SO excited for her and this wonderful opportunity, Kris! I know you will keep us posted as the contest progresses. I have a very good feeling that she will make it, however! She is smart, beautiful, and bubbles over with her enthusiasm about baseball. How could they resist that?
ReplyDeleteThanks, Terri! I sure hope they see what we see! She has such a passion for baseball!!
DeleteI am hoping that she makes it...it will be a great opportunity.
ReplyDeleteI voted for Lindsay's video multiple times, as did my hubby. I am not a very big sports fan but I can get excited at the thought of Lindsay's enthusiasm for the game. I hope she makes it all the way to the "cave", but I know that whatever happens she will succeed. She has a loving family supporting her and rooting for her every step of the way. Plus, life's not about the destination, it's the journey that gets us there. I wish her all the best in all of her future endeavors. God bless, love cousin Debbie.
ReplyDeleteThanks Deb! I have missed our chats on here! Hope you and the family are doing good! Love and hugs to you cousin!!
DeleteSo glad Lindsay has made it this far and wishing her continued luck in reaching the top. So many young people today are without ambitions, or, it seems to me, without dreams or hopes for the future. I'll be one of those cheering her on in her quest to follow her dreams. Go Lindsay!
ReplyDeleteThank you Brenda! She is very ambitious and passionate about sports.. especially baseball! This would be a dream come true for her!
DeleteWonderful! How exciting! I pray this is only step one to a wonderful, and successful career!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Julie!
Delete