Saturday we spent the entire afternoon boating on Black Lake. It was so much fun. We packed snacks and drinks and we anchored the boat in the sandbar area of the lake while we ate lunch. I ended up getting a pretty nasty sunburn. I used sunblock but the sun was really strong and we were out there all day. I'm feeling much better today but boy last night I felt like I was on fire!
I hope you all had a great weekend! Can't wait to visit pages to see what everyone has been up to!













Beautiful photos, Kris, and I think your weekend was worth the sunburn! What fun you guys must have had, and you and Walt both look fabulous. Thanks for sharing your weekend with us!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Terri! I agree about the sunburn..lol
DeleteYou look very happy, can't say as I blame you. Those pictures tell a story without words. I absolutely love the last photo with the amazing sunset. I had a quiet Saturday, Rick went out with a friend from work. I went & picked up some cute cottage doors that I got free off of Craigslist. They look the color of syrup now but I'm gonna paint them a nice clean cottagey white. I think they'll look terrific in somebody's house. Then today my guys took me to a scrumptious lunch for my Birthday at PF Changs. I had the chicken lo mein, 1/2 there & 1/2 at home later. Then they totally surprised me by taking me to Target to get me the cruiser bike I'd been craving for months. It's a yellow Schwinn & I love it! I used to have a 3 speed in Nevada that my best friend & her husband gave me. It was green & I called it my green hornet. My name means bee so I dubbed this bike my bumble-bee. I need a helmet to ride here in Seattle so I hope I can find one that is black & yellow. Oh yeah, on saturday morning while Anthony & I were shopping at Trader Joe's he let me pick out some flowers & I got the most gorgeous brown-eyed susans, aka coneflowers. I planted them on the side of the house in front. Mark got me some cute casual shoes so I've been pretty spoiled & loved every minute of it. Tomorrow is my actual birthday, my mother Helen's was July 2nd & my dad's is July 20th. He liked to tell us every year that this was the day that man first landed on the moon. Phew, I'm done!!
ReplyDeleteI would have been burnt to a crisp then! I really try to avoid being out in the sun for so long. Of course, being on the water intensifies the effects of the sun. Lovely photos. I really enjoy visiting small towns like the one in your photo. We most usually go to Glendale, near Cincinnati, when I visit in the summer. My brother-in-law likes seeing the trains that come through and I like the English pub there.
ReplyDeleteYour photos are beautiful! Looks like you had a fabulous time.
ReplyDeleteMichigan is a beautiful state, and I enjoyed the pictures. You and Walt look so good and look like you are having fun. I havent had a sunburn in so long I cant remember, but to enjoy yourself, sometimes it is worth it! Have a great Monday and week ahead.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great weekend get-away. I loved seeing the photos. Every time I see you post photos like these, it makes me want to visit Michigan more and more.
ReplyDelete