Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Ten Thoughts On Tuesday!



I can't remember the last time I did a Ten Thoughts post!  Here we go...

1. Today would have been my father in-law's 85th birthday.  Happy Birthday, "Sonny" we love and miss you so much! 

2. I got my hair cut yesterday.  It feels so good to lose that heavy/bulky feeling that my hair had become..lol.

3. I love that Instagram now has a video feature!  The feature allows you to tape 15 seconds of video.  It's much better than the Vine App that became really popular on Twitter.  I'm going to start sharing some videos from time to time.


Miss Molly
4. We dog sat my grandpuppy, Molly over the 4th of July weekend.  Lauren and Corey went camping with their friend's to Mackinac Island.  She is so sweet and such a good dog.  Her and Scooby really get along well with each other. 

5. I've been busy planning Matthew's graduation party.  It's only a few weeks away and going by the RSVP's, it looks like we are going to have a great turn out.  I hope the weather cooperates with us.  We did order a big tent but that would probably not be enough to keep people dry if it rained.  

6. The Detroit Tigers are in 1st place!!

7. Grosse Pointe Magazine is coming out with a new publication!  It is going to be called On Pointe.  It will be a little more "newsy" than the magazine.  Our first issue comes out in August.

8.  Such sad news about Randy Travis being in critical condition this morning with viral cardiomyopathy.  I hope he pulls through this.  He just performed here in Sterling Heights on June 28th at our Stars and Stripes festival.  

9.  It feels so good to be blogging again! 

10. My cousin's wife's Facebook status this morning:  “I realize I can’t tell God what to speak, or when to speak it. But I can position myself in the secret place so that, when He chooses to speak, I am found listening.”

12 comments:

  1. That's a fantastic facebook status! Molly looks very sweet. I can't wait to see my sister's mutts. This morning I posted a photo of a dog that reminded me of her sweet Scottie who died a year ago.

    I think you're going to be busy in the coming weeks. Hope you have good weather for the graduation party, and hope you'll have some crunchy cole slaw today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda..was it the black lab that you had posted on Facebook? Such a sweet looking dog.

      Delete
  2. Love the Facebook status. I enjoyed reading your 10 thoughts today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again, I have missed your posts and especially your 10 thoughts. It is good to have you back and see what is going on in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kris! It is so great to have you blogging again! Love your 10 thoughts! I hope the weather is good for the graduation party. Keep us posted! How exciting that the magazine is branching out already! Congratulations! Hope you are planning another spring training section again! It was fun being part of that edition (the Museum, that is). Molly does look like a sweet pooch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Terri! I'm sure we will be doing another travel story on Lakeland..that was such a fun issue to do! I am so grateful to you for suggesting it!

      Delete
  5. Hi Krissy, loved your Tuesday thoughts. I'm very sad about Randy Travis. I have several of his albums and love his music. He sings gospel songs beautifully. I was fortunate enough to see him perform live once. Many years ago I used to clean house for a lady & one day while I was at her house cleaning I heard her husband say that he didn't want to go to the Randy Travis concert with her. So I couldn't help but pipe in & say are you crazy, I'd give anything to see him. So she asked me if I'd like to go with her. Well duh? Yes of course I'd love to go. It was at the MGM Grand & he sang his new song called The Box. It was about all the special things his daddy kept inside an old wooden box. I'm sure I cried when I heard it. Anyway, I do hope that he pulls through & kinda cleans up his lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb..I love The Box! I was watching a concert on TV that was taped at the Grand Ole Opry and he performed that song..it did bring tears to my eyes. How awesome that you were able to see him in concert. I agree, if he pulls through this he needs to straighten up his lifestyle. Too much drinking and drugs going on there.

      Delete
  6. Isn't it sad how sometimes a person who has so much does these terrible things to their bodies? I like to think if I had wealth on that scale that I would find good causes to spend it on & that I would use some of it to see more of this amazing world that we live in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list for your 10 thought Tuesday minus the Randy Travis news. When is/was Matt's Graduation party?

    ReplyDelete