Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Ten Thoughts On Tuesday!



1. You would be hard pressed to find a school open today.  It is bitterly cold.  Our temperature right now is -4 degrees with a windchill factor of -20 below.  My heart breaks for the homeless and for the stray animals who are living outside in these conditions. 

2. I'm excited that Lauren, Corey and my grand pup, Molly, are coming over for dinner tomorrow night!

3. American Idol featured Detroit during their audition rounds.  What an positive light they shined on our great city! 

4. I found a nifty widget that will scroll my Instagram photos at the top of my blog.  

5. I have a new title at work.  I went from Executive Administrative Assistant to Executive Administrator.  No difference in my job duties but I think I like my new title better.

6. Schools are already posting that they will be closed tomorrow.  It was big news last night when the University of Michigan cancelled classes today.  They haven't done that since 1978!   Lindsay and Matt's college (Oakland University) also cancelled classes.

7. Only 17 more days until pitchers and catchers report to Lakeland for spring training!!  I miss baseball so much!

8. Have you seen this story?  What a precious gift this dad is giving his daughter. http://www.today.com/news/dad-writes-daughter-826-notes-2D11999985

9. The other day I went shopping with the Dress Barn gift card that Matthew gave me at Christmas.  I can't believe the deals that I got! Sweaters were 60% off and I had a coupon for an additional 20% off.  I ended up with 4 sweaters and a pair of jeans for $56.00!  

10. Thanks for stopping by to see what my 10 thoughts were today!  Have a terrific Tuesday!

7 comments:

  1. Really like your background. Waaaaa, I want that widget to scroll pictures....would you share the site?? Your temps are scary to me....when we get in single digits, we just hibernate, but below zero....brrrr....stay warm, stay safe, and congrats on your new title at work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, the temps here are truly scary. I don't go out unless I absolutely have to. Here is the website for the widget - http://snapwidget.com

      Delete
    2. Thanks, you dont mind if I do one too, do you???

      Delete
    3. Of course not!! I can't wait to see your photos!!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your new title. I agree it does sound better even if you're doing the same job. I'd be wearing some of those sweaters you bought if I were there! The kids here are lucky they have Friday off, but not because of the weather. To be a student again!

    Thanks for sharing your 10 thoughts. I sure enjoyed reading them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brenda! I need to be wearing a couple of those sweaters today..Lol

      Delete
  3. Hi Kris. I'm late getting to blogs, but enjoyed your 10 thoughts! I did go to the website about the napkin notes. Gosh. God bless him.

    You got some great deals at Dress Barn!! Makes you feel really good, doesn't it?!!! :) I love bargain shopping (especially with gift cards!).

    ReplyDelete