Only one word can describe our weather today: Gorgeous! The sun is shinning and I have all my windows open and there is a beautiful breeze coming through. I think our high temp today is only going to be 71 but with the sun it just makes for a beautiful day!
 |
| Enjoying lunch on the lake! |
We had a nice weekend. Walt had Friday off so we went to lunch at one of our favorite restaurants on the lake. It was nice to get there before tables on the deck were full. There are times when Mike's on The Water has a 3 hour wait for a table on the deck!
Saturday morning we said goodbye to Aunt Lillian. Her funeral service was truly a celebration of her life. She was extremely proud of being Irish so it was so awesome to see an Irish bagpipe player perform at her funeral. I know she was loving every note.
Saturday was kind of a roller coaster ride for me. I went from Aunt Lillian's funeral to attending my cousin's baby shower. Trevor and Michelle are expecting their first baby in September. They moved to Alaska about a year ago so it was really exciting to see them come home for their baby shower. They hare going to be amazing parents.
We ended the day with our family at a neighborhood event in Grosse Pointe, called After 6 on Kercheval. What a great time! The city closes down Kercheval to motorist and basically has a big block party. There were a number of food and drink vendors, local shops put merchandise on the sidewalk and of course wonderful music from local bands. I am looking forward to going to the next one in August.
I hope everyone's week is off to a great start so far! Thanks for stopping by!
 |
| One of the many food vendors |
 |
| Andiamo Trattoria Cafe |
 |
| This was a former church now turned into a brewery! |
 |
| Lauren enjoying the evening! |
.jpg) |
| A great turnout! |
 |
| Ben and Lindsay under the tent. |
 |
| Detroit Lion Joique Bell signing autographs and taking pictures with fans. |
How fun! Don't you just love outside dining, whether a sidewalk cafe or a deck by a lake? I do. Boy I sure understand the roller coaster reference, that's been me a lot lately. Today started off pretty upbeat w' a call from your mom for my birthday, then a message from my best friends daughter telling me their dog alerted them to her dad having a seizure. I will be praying & waiting on news from them on that. On a happier note, your girls sure are very pretty. Enjoy the sunshine. (((Hugs)))
ReplyDeleteLakeland has a First Friday every month that sounds like your event. They are always so much fun. Food trucks are a really big deal down here, now. There are food truck rallies somewhere, every week. We used to call the roach coaches, but now they are gourmet restaurants on wheels. Your weather sounds wonderful....like ours in October and November! Wishing you a good rest of the week, Kris.
ReplyDeleteNow I can't boast about our weather being unsummerlike. It's roasting. I'm always amazed at the big sizes of coffee (grande in Starbuck's) people order in the US. We've got Starbuck's here, but I'd much rather have coffee in a bar or restaurant - better quality I think and definitely cheaper.
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you had a lovely enjoyable weekend, except for the funeral. I don't doubt Aunt Lillian enjoyed the music. Have a good week.
Sounds like you had an eventful weekend. I'm sorry about your Aunt.
ReplyDelete