I had the nicest afternoon with my mom on Sunday. We chatted over coffee and she told me all about her trip. She visited our family in Illinois, spent a couple of days in Nashville and also went to her childhood towns of Paducah, KY and Evansville, IN. One of her favorite parts of her trip was visiting the original The Grand Ole Opry. My sister and brother in-law took her on a tour of the Opry and had her picture taken on the stage. She stood in the exact spot that many country music legends had stood all those years ago. Both my mom and my dad grew up on country music and they always had country music playing in our house. I know this was a special moment for her.
After our coffee chat, we took advantage of the beautiful day by taking a walk. She wanted to take me to the chapel where she prays the rosary every day. The chapel is located in the church that she attends, Our Lady Star of The Sea. Before we went into the chapel we visited the prayer garden. The flowers, trees and statues are so beautiful and peaceful. We prayed in the chapel and everything just seemed perfect at that moment. I'm truly blessed to have this remarkable woman for my mom!
Have a great week everyone and thanks for stopping by my page!
....
...





You are indeed! She is one of the dearest, kindest persons I know. I cherish her as my aunt and I love her very, very much. I am also very blessed to have her in my life. I am also very blessed to have you & several other cousins that I enjoy corresponding with. Thank you for your continuing prayers that Mark finds a job soon. Love ya.
ReplyDeleteI forgot to say that aunt Dot looks real good up on that stage. What a lucky duck to get to go there. I'm glad she enjoyed herself. I just got back from a weekend on Orcas Island. My younger son & his girlfriend took me there for my birthday & it was a stunningly beautiful island.We went to several beaches, a quaint downtown area called the Village, Olga Pottery & the local Farmers Market. I had a lovely time & want to go back someday!
ReplyDeleteA lot of us were raised on this type of music, and I was named after Brenda Lee, of course. I still like Bluegrass, but what is called Country now I don't like as it all sounds the same to me. I'm glad that your mother had a nice visit, especially in Kentucky. Thanks for sharing your visit with your mother and hope you have a good week.
ReplyDeleteI grew up in Nashville and have been to the Ryman many times. Glad your Mom enjoyed her trip. The garden is beautiful and it was nice to share a time of prayer with her. You are so blessed to still have your Mother with you. Happy Tuesday.
ReplyDeleteYour mom looks like the special woman you always describe for us, Kris. I can see her faith and kindness in her face. I know the time you spent with her was meaningful for you both. Great photos, and it sounds like her vacation was wonderful. Thanks for sharing!!
ReplyDeleteKris, you are truly blessed!
ReplyDelete