Saturday, August 2, 2014

What a Week!

It has been a very stressful week.  On Monday evening I got a phone call from my sister that my mom had fallen off a step stool and they were waiting for EMS to arrive.  My sister and brother in-law had returned home from having dinner and found my mom faced down in my sister's office.  You can imagine how frantic my sister and brother in-law were to find her this way.  She had fallen in the kitchen but scooted on her tummy to get to a phone that was in my sister's office.  She was able to tell my sister exactly what happened and she was very alert.  She fractured her hip (femur) and had to have surgery the next day.  They inserted a long rod along the femur bone and nails at the top and bottom of the rod.  I never knew that they used nails, I always thought it was screws that were only used.  She did really well in surgery but had a setback on Wednesday.  Her heart went out of rhythm and her heart rate level was elevated.  They transferred her to the cardiac floor where they could better monitor her heart.  I am happy to say that her heart was actually back in rhythm before she even got to the cardiac floor and her heart is no longer an issue.   She is now in her first day of physical therapy and will be in rehab for the next 7-10 days. 

The love, concern, thoughts and prayers that have been given to my mom and to my sister and I have meant so much to us.  I know that Facebook sometimes gets a bad rap but it really is a wonderful way to communicate to a large group of family and friends.  

I can't wait until my mom is back to her silly and fun self.  Here is a picture of her taken the night before she fell.  We were celebrating my sister's birthday.  


...

Thanks for stopping by and wishing everyone a great weekend!

10 comments:

  1. She is precious to all of you I know, and I will continue praying for healing and less pain. Thanks for letting us know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Linda...your prayers mean so much!

      Delete
  2. I'll look forward to seeing some silly shots of your mother. I'm so glad she's doing better. I've been meaning to drop you a note on facebook, so happy you posted here. Hope you enjoy. The weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Brenda! I hope your weekend is going good!

      Delete
  3. Oh Krissy I was just devastated when Terry sent me a text telling me she had fallen & broken her femur. I was so worried & I prayed the surgery would go well. After a couple more texts Terry was able to call me & she said that she was doing well. I have her & all of you in my prayers as she faces the weeks of healing ahead of her. I pray there will be no more setbacks or any infection from anything. I love my aunt Dot very much. She is so special to me. Give her my love when you see her. Take care of yourself also & God bless. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb she looked so good yesterday! She even went up and down a few stairs at physical therapy! She is one tough cookie..lol. I'll be sure to give her your love today. Has Mark had any luck with the job search? I will continue to keep him in my prayers! Love you!

      Delete
  4. My prayers will continue, Kris, and Facebook is a great way for quick updates. I was thrilled to read that your mom was back to "normal" and recovering from the broken femur. I know you will keep us updated!! Blessing to you all. God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so far behind in reading blogs! So sorry to here about your Mom. I hope she's doing well now. Now that I'm retired, maybe I can actually read all the blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my Kris! I am sorry to hear about your Mom's fall. I am glad to hear she is improving though. Adding her, as well as your sister and your families to my prayers. Continued prayers for healing for her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bless her heart! I'm so sorry I didn't see this long ago! I pray she is healing well.

    ReplyDelete