I have a heavy heart this morning. I found out that my friend, Mandi, suddenly and unexpectedly passed away. Mandi and I never met in person but we shared a special online friendship for over 10 years. I became friends with her when I joined an online moms group called Moms Rock. She was such a compassionate and giving person. We chatted almost every day and in a lot of of ways she knew more about me than some of my personal friends do. She was there for me when my dad was sick, and was there for me when he died. She sent me a care package to lift my spirits when my oldest daughter went off to college and she always knew how to lift my spirits. She was an incredible mother to her daughter. Ava was her life and she gave everything of herself to that little girl. The day before she passed away she took a picture of Ava and posted, "Man I'm blessed! I love this girl!" I can't believe she is gone. Just like that... in the blink of an eye. We can never take one day for granted. I know it sounds like a cliche but today is truly a gift. I can't believe I won't talk to her anymore. No more talks about football (she was huge fan), parenting issues, what we are going to make for dinner, our weekend plans, the holidays...It is so sad. I said a prayer for her last night when I went to bed and I asked God to please make sure that Ava ends up being raised the way that Mandi would have raised her. She had so many hopes and dreams for that little girl.
Rest in Peace, my friend. I am going to miss you so much.
Oh my, Kris!! I was connected to Mandi on Multiply, and know of her devotion to Ava. How very, very sad. Prayers lifted for Ava and the family. Hugs to you, too.
ReplyDeleteI am sorry to hear your news about your friend. You are right, we need to appreciate every single day because no one knows when the same will come to us. Will pray for the little girl too.
ReplyDeleteHow sad! I know this sounds like a cliche too, but I think God sometimes needs our angels on earth more than us. That's the only explanation I can give as to why someone so wonderful and giving leaves us too soon. It doesn't matter that you've never met that person. I know how upset I was to hear that an online friend from Y360 and Multiply passed away shortly after her 50th birthday. She went by the name angelcakes and she was an angel. The day before her death she wrote a very inspiring blog directed at one of her friends who was going through a bad patch. She left two young daughters too. Your friend sounds a lot like her. I'll keep her family and Mandi in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteBrenda...I remember a woman on Y360 with the name angelcakes. How sad! Life is so precious and I'm so thankful for every day that is given to me.
DeleteI am so sorry for your loss. I think I remember her from either multiply or her blog . She seemed like a wonderful person.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sad for you. What a horrible loss. I know I would miss a friend like that, terribly as I'm sure you do. I'm so sorry for your loss.
ReplyDelete