Monday, June 13, 2016

My Weekend

I so wish the weekend wouldn't fly by so fast!  My weekend consisted of two graduation parties and a date night with Walt.  I also did a little yard work.  My flowers are blooming so beautifully!  We have had a near perfect spring.  I hope the beautiful weather continues into our summer!

My flowers...I still have a few planters that need flowers. Hopefully this week I will be able to get the nursery.









My cousin Dominick's graduation cake!  He is a huge Beatles fan! 

Date Night!
.

Yesterday was the 5th anniversary of my dad passing away.  I took my mom to the cemetery and we came home and played her favorite country music.  She has favorite songs that were special to her and my dad.  We made a night of watching videos by Johnny Cash, Sonny James, Ray Price, Jim Reeves, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings...and many many more!  It was a nice way to end the weekend.
My Mom and Dad
The weekend was marked with great sadness with the Orlando mass shooting. My heart broke listening to the stories and seeing the video footage.  I am keeping the victims, their families and our country in my prayers.



3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed your weekend. So sweet of you to bring your mom some joy on such a sad anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Memories keep our hearts full of the love we experienced, so you gave your mom a perfect evening. She looks great, by the way! Your flowers are just beautiful. I am envious. No green thumb on these hands, I'm afraid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers are absolutely beautiful. I have one hanging basket and have to work to keep it alive. You surely have a 'green thumb'. Sounds like you had a very nice weekend, and that was so sweet of you to be with your Mom and bring her sweet memories.

    ReplyDelete