The first part of my weekend was wonderful. On Friday, I had a "date night" with my husband. We enjoyed a couple margaritas and a prime rib dinner at one of our favorite restaurants. On Saturday we hung out with family and friends at a cookout at my sister in-law's house. We played Bocce Ball, ate amazing food, did a lot of laughing and enjoyed the 70's rock music that my brother in-law had playing on the patio. But as so often as life goes, things went from good to bad on Sunday.
I received an early morning call from the nursing home that they were transporting my father in-law by ambulance to the hospital. His blood pressure and oxygen levels were extremely low. Walt was working Sunday morning so I got a message to him that his dad was in ER and I went to the hospital to be with my father in-law. The nurse told me that when he arrived at the hospital they could not get a blood pressure reading and his oxygen level was only at 70%. X-ray's revealed that he has a bad case of pneumonia. He is in ICU and is responding to the IV antibiotics. His vital stats have all improved but by no means is he out of the woods. Prayers for my father in-law would greatly be appreciated. My hope is that with this stay in the hospital he will be able to recover and get back to being able to come home on Sundays. I also know that his life is in God's hands and whatever God's will is, our family will accept it with heavy hearts.
I heard that some people on Multiply received a message that the owners of Multiply are willing to give the source code that will be used to develop a new social site. I am happy with this news! I would stay at Multiply if the new site ends up being everything that we expect it to be. I would also continue here and just do a "copy and paste" of my blog.
Wishing everyone a wonderful week!

I am so sorry to hear about your father in law and will pray that he improves and is able to go home soon.
ReplyDeleteI am weary already of the Multiply thing, and have decided to stay here, no matter what. I like Blogger, am getting more comfortable with it day to day and hope you and I can keep in touch, no matter where you go! Have a great Monday.
I'm not leaving Blogger. To be honest with you, I love the blogging features of blogspot much more than Multiply. I'm comfortable here. I will see how the new Multiply site ends up and will maintain a page there but my main site will be right here:-)
DeleteLinda, thanks so much for your prayers for my father in-law!
DeleteI will keep your father-in-law in my prayers, Kris. It is so hard when our loved ones are sick and suffering, and there is so little we can do to help. He is getting great care in the hospital, I'm sure. Keep us posted. Up until then, it sounds like you had an awesome weekend!! I'm waiting to see what happens with the "new" Multiply site, too. I told Linda earlier that I just want to cast out a net and bring all my friends back together again!! I like Blogger, too, however.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for the prayers, Terri!
DeleteI'm sorry to hear of your father in laws health struggles. It is such a heavy weight emotionally when loved ones suffer. I pray God will bless him with improved health and you all can enjoy precious time together. I can tell your family is very close and I sure love the photo you posted of him. He looks like a real sweetie!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Cheryl. I know that your dad was a dialysis patient too and you know how much it takes out of them. I just got back from the hospital and they said they are not going to dialysis on him today because his blood pressure is too low. They are hoping they can get his bp up enough to be able to do it tomorrow. I have to say though, it was an awesome visit with him. He was joking and was in good spirits:-)
DeleteKris, My father is 88 and has the same ups and downs. Prayers headed your way!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, Jeff! It is so hard watching a parent go through this. I lost my dad last year and now seeing my father in-law go through this is really hard. Keeping your dad in my prayers as well!
DeleteI hope and pray your father-in-law is soon better. I can only imagine how worried you must be.
ReplyDeleteThe only thing I've seen for certain on multiply is voting in the multiply phoenix group for a new name, but Terri said she got a message saying the source had been released. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Am thinking of trying a Ten Thoughts Tuesday tomorrow. If I do, it'll probably be my last post for a while.
Brenda, I hope you do a Ten Thought Tuesday! I tried to go to your page through your profile and it doesn't show up. Can you send me the link?
Delete