Test results are finally starting to come back on my father in-law. They have so far confirmed that he did suffer a heart attack, he has pneumonia, and an infection in his blood. He has been quarantined for the infection. We now have to wear a robe and gloves when we visit him. On the bright side, the doctor told us that his lung x-rays are showing a big improvement. My biggest concern is his confusion and mental state. He has a faraway stare and has a hard time focusing on us. I continue to pray that God will comfort him and heal him. Watching a parent age and seeing their health decline is the hardest thing to deal with.
![]() |
| Grandpa with Lindsay, Matt and Lauren. Christmas 2009 |
I love the photo I posted of him today. He was healthy and enjoying his life. My guess is that after this photo was taken he got a poker game going. There wasn't a family gathering where cards weren't being played!
I have no big plans for this weekend. I will be spending much of my time at the hospital and also doing some bookkeeping work. I have a meeting next week with the company accountant and I still have some expenses that need to be categorized. Walt has to work Saturday and Sunday. He will have worked 19 days straight without a day off. We are blessed that Chrysler is doing so well. We will never forget the 18 months that he was laid off. I will say though, he is one tired guy.
Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend!

Kris, please count on my prayers for your dear father-in-law, and for your family as you deal with yet another ill loved one. Please keep us posted. You have a busy weekend ahead. Keep counting your blessings!! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteIt's so wonderful that the work has picked back up for the auto industry. I hope your dad feels better soon. I'll be sending prayers. It is hard to watch parents decline. It's more difficult than I realized. My prayers are with you an yours too. Xxx
ReplyDeleteYour father-in-law looks like a real character. I pray that he is soon better if that is God's will.
ReplyDeletePrayers going up for your FIL.
ReplyDeleteWill keep praying that God will heal your father in law according to His will. It is almost as hard on us, to watch them slowly decline right in front of our eyes. With all you need to do this weekend, take some time for you too.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful photo of your father-in-law with your kids. He looks like a very happy and blessed man indeed. My prayers continue to be with all of you.
ReplyDelete