Thursday, August 23, 2012

Signs That Summer Is Alive & Well

I know there has been a lot of talk about fall knocking on our doorsteps but yesterday I had reminders that summer is still with us.  From the garden toss salad that I made with dinner to my son Matt relaxing on our deck while he listened to music on his iPod.  One of the biggest reminders I received was attached to my front window.  I heard a loud noise and I had thought that a bird had flew into it but when I got to the window I could see a huge grasshopper had landed!  








7 comments:

  1. Yummm, the salad looks wonderful. Matt is doing what all teenagers seem to be doing these days. Good grief, a giant grasshopper...for sure. We are expecting the backlash from hurricane Isaac when and if it hits Florida. It will normally send us rain, rain and more rain, and with that, humidity and higher temps, so summer is still hanging around for a little while. Have a good Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your salad does look delicious! I have an MP3 player, but I just do not enjoy listening to music with my earbuds in. It's just not the same to me. I'm old and set in my ways. I gave up the vinyl for CDs, but I just can't 'graduate' to an iPod or MP3 for some reason. That is a HUGE grasshopper! Have a good day, Kris!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summertime. I'm still loving summertime :)nice write xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just began a diet and eat a salad each day for lunch...your's looks delicious. Like Terri, I haven't graduated to an ipod yet...I have a mp3 but most times forget about it. Thanks, Terri, for reminding me...I think I will go for a walk on this beautiful day. Have a good day Kris.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The salad looks delicious! Matt looks relaxed and enjoying what is left of this summer. Wow what a huge grasshopper. Summer is definitely still here and though I look forward to football season and jeans and hoodies, it makes me sad to see summer coming to an end and the days growing shorter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a big grasshopper! I'll bet he saw your salad and wanted some!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The salad looks so good! I want some. I have a friend on facebook that posted a 7 layer salad that also looked great. I'm hungry.

    Looks like the good ole summer time for your family! Relax and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete