Mom and her niece Debbie
I know that the rule for the photo that is chosen for Wordless Wednesday is supposed to have no words accompanying it. I'm breaking that rule for today's photo and knowing myself will probably break it each week.
Today's photo is of my mom and my cousin Debbie. Debbie is the daughter of my mom's older brother Joe. Uncle Joe passed away about 15 years ago. Debbie actually lived with our family for about a year when she was a little girl. She arrived yesterday from Seattle, WA. My parents used to visit her once or twice a year but when health problems started with my dad, they could no longer fly to Las Vegas. Debbie was living in Henderson, NV before she moved a year ago to Washington. 33 years have passed since I saw her last and even though miles had separated her from our family for so many years, she has always kept in contact with us. We had a wonderful time at dinner with her. She has so much joy and positive energy running through her!
|
I'm glad you broke the rule. A photo may be worth a thousand words, but sometimes an explanation helps. How exciting for your family!
ReplyDeleteGreat to see family!!! Wonderful photo!!!
ReplyDeleteThat is really great, to see a relative after all those years, but at the same time, so glad you have been able to keep in touch. I know you had a good time visiting and catching up.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day Kris!
Rules are meant to be broken! What a wonderful reunion! I know your mom was thrilled to see her again. Thanks for sharing this, Kris!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your blog with me Kris! XO
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful picture , looks joy and loved filled. Nice to have these times of sweet reunion with your family
ReplyDeleteWhat a great photo of your Mom and her niece. It sounds like you enjoyed your visit with your cousin. :)
ReplyDelete