Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Ten Thought Tuesday!




1.  I am hoping that my father in-law's blood pressure is high enough for him to be able to do his dialysis treatment today.  

2. Having dinner tonight with my cousin Debbie who I haven't seen since I was 13 years old.  Needless to say I am excited!

3. It seems as though people are starting to get excited for the fast food and coffee places to bring out their fall coffees.  Believe it or not, I've never had one before. Thinking I am going to try the Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks for sure this fall season:-)

4. Walt and I really want to see the movie, The Dark Knight Rises.  Lauren and Corey said it was fantastic.

5. We are going to be painting our bedroom walls soon.  Picking out a color is hard!  Again, I am looking at Pinterest for inspiration.

6. I need to get back to creating a weekly dinner menu.

7. My youngest niece starts junior high school in a couple of weeks.  I'm excited for her!  It doesn't seem possible that she is old enough to be going into junior high:-(

8. Looks like things are starting to progress with the new Multiply site.  Are you going to stay there?

9. I love this quote from George Sand, "One is happy once one knows the necessary ingredients of happiness: simple tastes, a certain degree of courage, self denial to a point, love of work, and above all, a clear conscience."

10. Have a terrific Tuesday!




10 comments:

  1. I think Terri sent me the invite to the new Multiply site, but somehow in all my looking, changing, etc. I dont seem to have it. I hope those that stay are happy with it.
    I love your 10 thought Tuesdays...I may have to be a copy cat next week. I hope your father in law will be able to have his dialysis..I know how important that is. Keep us posted on what color you choose for the bedroom. We need to do that here too. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! I luv pumpkin spice :) I've noticed some color changes. I hope your dinner is fabulous. I've been posting here instead of multiply for the most part. I like the leaving links. It helps with transition. I'm following suit with your tues thoughts:) thanks for being positive !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the pumpkin spice coffee at Starbucks last year. It was okay. I'm not big on the flavored coffees, though. Just give me coffee with two Truvias and a splash of half & half. I've decided to stick with Blogger. I will do my best to keep up with my friends on Xanga and LiveJournal, but I think Multiply can just go away when the time comes. I don't hold out much hope for the new site, and everyone has scattered elsewhere already. I actually started deleting old blogs from 2006 yesterday. There really is nothing I want to keep there, and my photos are all duplicates of what I have stored in Picasa, so I'll delete stuff and then let it fade away. Sigh. It was good while it lasted....just like 360. I saved a copy of my 360 avatar, and ran across it yesterday. We really have come a long way!! Blogger is it for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS... prayers continue for your father-in-law!! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm here now so whether Multiply closes or stays for blogs I will probably stay here and try some other things ..I found it is super easy to copy and paste blogs to Multiply. I will do that for my friends that are not here.

    Heart felt prayers for your father in law and family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's Dark Knight** Rises =) Batman's the Dark Knight. And you DO have to see it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went to a family reunion which my only living aunt hosts every year last September. I have two uncles but neither of them is well enough to attend. Like you, most of my many cousins I hadn't seen for years. Now I see them on facebook and sometimes get to grab some old family photos.

    I've posred a TTT. Here's a link to my page. I always look for people's blogs in (on) the dashboard. http://brendainmad.blogspot.com.es/

    Hope your father-in-law gets stronger every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how facebook as reconnected so many families. There are family members that I used to talk to maybe once a year and now we talk daily on facebook:-)

      Delete
  8. PS. The title of my blog is Third Time Around. I'm so glad you don't have one of those captcha thingies on your comments. I never get them right the first time.

    ReplyDelete