Monday, September 24, 2012

Take Me Out To The Ball Game!

The view from our seats

Lindsay surprised us all a few weeks ago and told us that she had bought tickets to the Tiger's last weekend game of the season.  Even though they lost we still had a great day.  The weather was cool but when the sun came out it was actually pretty nice.  We also got to meet up with our friends Bill and Pat (from Multiply and 360).  They drove over from Grand Rapids on Saturday and were here for two games.  We met them Saturday night at one of our favorite restaurants and then again at the ballpark on Sunday.

Even with the loss yesterday we are only one game behind the Chicago White Sox for the division lead.  Here's hoping they can pull it out before the end of the season!  Go Tigers!


Over 3 million fans have come to see the Tigers play this season!!

A Detroit favorite!  He is at every game:-)

A statue of the legendary Tiger broadcaster, Ernie Harwell.  

Matthew

Lindsay and Matthew at the game
  
Lindsay..thanks for the great day!!


Our good friends, Bill and Pat

Me and Walt!




9 comments:

  1. Kris! What a great weekend you all had! Lindsay hit a home run! ;-)

    It's great that you got to enjoy Bill & Pat's company, too. Love the photos, and I hope the Tigers are able to move forward! We, here in Lakeland, love the Tigers, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so fun seeing Bill and Pat. I hope you are able to meet them one day!

      Delete
  2. Glad to see you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy your posts and photos. Although European football/soccer has to be my favourite spectator sport, I was pleased to hear how well the Cincinnati Reds were doing. What I remember most about seeing a game at the stadium was the atmosphere and the hotdogs, of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brenda! I LOVE the atmosphere at the ballpark too. And why is it that the hot dogs always taste better there? LOL. Have you returned to Spain?

      Delete
    2. Yes, I got back yesterday morning. Now to get used to the time change. It's so much easier when I go to the US because it seems like I gain time and then lose it when I return to Spain.

      Delete
    3. I hope you will blog now that you are home. I would love to hear and see pictures of what life is like in Spain!

      Delete
  4. I always look forward to your posts Kris. You lead such a fun, happy life it seems. Your love of sports equals mine to a "T". Hoping your Tigers pull it out in the end. I know you enjoyed being with friends, as well as family. Have a good Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete