Thursday, November 1, 2012
21 Days Of Gratitude
I ran across the 21 Days of Contagious Gratitude Challenge on the Inspired By Family Magazine Website. I think it's a great idea and I am going to participate. I do my share of complaining - everything from the weather to having a bad hair day. I want to get away from complaining and focus on the positive and post each day leading up to Thanksgiving with what a I am thankful for in my life. It might be as small as my morning coffee or as big and heartfelt as the love of my family! I hope you will join this challenge and make being thankful contagious!
Today - I am thankful for the love and peacefulness that surrounds my family. So often we see families torn apart by divorce or parents having to deal with problems with their children. I'm thankful that I don't have to deal with that. I have had a strong and loving marriage for 25 years and we have raised three compassionate and respectful children. I am thankful for the closeness, love and downright fun that our family shares.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I am also thankful for my family. I love my husband of 34 years & our 2 sons very much. I also am thankful for & love my extended family. I was so fortunate to be able to go on a road trip recently with my dear Aunt Dot & cousin Terry & her husband. I had so much fun & made some wonderful memories. I was also able to visit with my other cousin, (that would be you, Krissy!) & your two lovely daughters. There was also a family BBQ where I got to visit with two of my uncles & other family members. I will always be very thankful for this special time & for oh so much more. I have been truly blessed.
ReplyDeleteI'm thankful that we got to see you after all these years! What a blessing that was!
DeleteI will join you in stating my thankfulness during this special time of the year. Today I am thankful for doctors and medicines that help us in time of pain and physical problems. God gave man the ability to study and learn to give us help, and this day and week, I am thankful for that.
ReplyDeleteA good one to be thankful for!
DeleteI'm thankful that you included the fur babies. Every time I see that photo of them I'm reminded of Sophie and Ruby, two members of my sister Jackie's family. We all have lots to be thankful for - more than some of us realize. I'm thankful for family and friends, a place to live and food to eat. Most of us complain way too much when there are so many who have much less than we do.
ReplyDeleteI would love to see a picture of Sophie and Ruby! I love those names BTW!
DeleteWhat a great idea, Kris! You are right that too often we forget what we have to be thankful for. I haven't written my blog yet today. I'll accept your challenge and talk about it there. Have a good evening, and thanks for the great idea!!
ReplyDeleteHappy that you are going to join in! It will be nice to focus on good stuff for at least three weeks..haha.
DeleteYou are so blessed with a wonderful and loving family! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Mandi!
DeleteBeautifully put. I'll be happy to join you.
ReplyDeleteFor today I am thankful for our country and the freedoms we still enjoy. I am thankful that I can still pray and ask for God's continued blessing on our country. I'm thankful I still have the privilege of being able to cast my vote for the candidate of my choice.