Monday, November 12, 2012

Being Thankful - Day 10

I'm thinking about my father in-law and giving thanks to ALL our veterans for the service they gave to protect our great country's freedom.  I'm also keeping the service men and women in my prayers that are serving today, especially my nephew David who is in Afghanistan.  We just found out that he will be coming home a month earlier!!   


8 comments:

  1. Great news!!!! Yay!!! Hope you have a good week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your nephew will be home early! God bless all our Veterans and those serving today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope and pray your nephew comes home safely. To this day I can't understand why those returning from the war in Vietnam were so badly treated. I doubt that very few of them (that is those who came back) wanted to go to war. After all, the draft was in place then. I'm glad people nowadays understand the sacrifice of these men and women who are serving their country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dad served in the Army & the Navy. He saw some pretty terrible stuff. He didn't talk about it too often & when he did you could tell it was painful. He was just a boy when he joined. He wanted to help his family. I'm very proud of him. I miss him very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb..Uncle Joe was such a good man. I miss him too. I'll never forget him and Uncle Gene visiting and being here when I went into labor to have Lauren. He was so nervous and concerned for me..so sweet!

      Delete
  5. Great news about David !
    Wonderful pictures. God bless our veterans!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Krissy. You brought happy tears to my eyes. He really was. So was Uncle Dick. Two very special men that I was blessed to have in my life. I am so very, very thankful for that.

    ReplyDelete