Monday, November 19, 2012

I'm Back and I'm Thankful! Day 11 -19



The craft show really set me back on posting to my blog!  I have been so busy making coasters, gift baskets, and dry erase frames, and not to mention all the bagging and bowing that goes into each item.   If that wasn't enough, I also woke up Saturday morning in severe pain and had to have Matthew drive me to the emergency room, where I was diagnosed with a kidney stone.  To make a long story short - I am feeling much better and I can't thank my family enough for the love and care they gave me this weekend.  Walt was at work when Matt told him that we were at the hospital.   The worried look on Walt's face when he arrived in the ER room was so sweet.  He actually teared up.  There is something that just touches me when I see a man get emotional.  I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful family who is always there for me.  Needless to say, that was my Day 11 of being thankful.

Day 12 - I'm thankful for a cozy fire!  While I was recovering my kidney stone, Walt made a nice fire in the fire place.  It was to comforting!

Day 13 - I'm thankful for chicken noodle soup.  No matter what illness you might have, chicken noodle soup makes it better:-)

Day 14 - I'm thankful for music.  I love putting on Spotify or Pandora radio while I am folding laundry or doing other types of housework.  It just sets the mood for making a not so fun task more enjoyable.

Day 15 - Movies are another thing that I am thankful for.  I love getting curled up on the couch and watching a good movie.  Especially with my family.  During the holidays we usually have a family night where we watch a movie together.  In years past we have made a night of watching - Toy Story, Polar Express, Elf..etc.  I'm not sure what holiday movie we will all watch together this year.  We usually plan this night for when we put up the Christmas tree.

Day 16 - Photos!  How can you not be thankful for photos..LOL.  So many wonderful memories right at your finger tips.

Day 17 - Sports.. Especially my Detroit Tigers!

Day 18 - Old family recipes.  I love them because it's like the person who the recipe comes from is with you when you serve it.  Some of my favorites that come to mind - My mother in-law's Wimpy's, and  my grandma's chocolate fudge.

Day 19 - I'm thankful for my bookkeeping job!  I am so lucky to have been working for the same company since 1992!  I love that they allow me to work from home:-)

Well there you have it!  It feels good to be back and blogging again! Wishing everyone a great week as we prepare for Thanksgiving Day!


7 comments:

  1. So good to hear from you, Kris! Glad you are feeling better, and hope the basket sales are going well for you and your sister this holiday season! How blessed we are to have so much to be thankful for!! Have a good Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed seeing your posts, glad to have you back. So sorry to read that you've been feeling so poorly, I hope you don't have any more problems with those kidney stones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yayyyyyyyy, so glad you are back and all is ok. Family is so important and when something unusual happens, they become even more so. I also love seeing a man that isnt afraid to show his feelings in tears....makes him more of a man to me. The things you have listed that you are thankful for, are happy things, happy times, and happy family. God bless all of you at this Thanksgiving time, and I am thankful we are friends from afar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also glad your back. I'm thankful your trip to the hospital discovered your kidney stone, treated it, and that it wasn't something of a more serious nature. I too was in some pain this past weekend. I think I told you via email that I fell on my tailbone. Sometimes I'm so clumsy. Off to Trader Joes today for a few missing staples for Thanksgiving dinner. Speaking of old family recipes, I can't wait to have some of my moms cornbread stuffing. I am so thankful I got the recipe for that before she left us. Take good care of yourself. Keep on blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you're back too and feeling better. Sure hope you're up for all the preparation for Thanksgiving too. I need to listen to music when I iron. It seems to make it less of a chore if that's possible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my!! I'm so glad your feeling better!! Those are painful!! Hugs you. I hope you have a good week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh kidney stone!! NO FUN!! mike had some one each side this yr. he was in so much pain! I can't imagine... well, they say labor is similar. heal quickly!

    ReplyDelete