I'm thankful for living in a state that has 4 seasons. I love the anticipation as we near the beginning of each one.
My favorite season is summer. I love the long days, a baseball game, the sunshine, the warm/hot weather, a summer storm, the smell of fresh cut grass, summer fun on Black Lake, or a relaxing weekend at our camper.
Fall is my second favorite season. I love when the leaves change colors, sitting around a bonfire, making a big pot of soup/chili for dinner, watching football on the weekends, and wearing comfy sweaters.
Winter and spring are almost tied but I would have to say that I like winter a little more because of the holidays. I love the first snow fall, putting up our Christmas tree, holiday dinners, Christmas movies, the smell of pine cones, and hearing the crackling of a fire while snuggled up in a blanket on the couch.
Spring is beautiful but very rainy in Michigan. I do love when we see the first flowers bloom and the leaves appear on the trees. I love enjoying a spring shower while sitting on my front porch and I love when we start getting reports from Lakeland about the Tiger's preseason.
Yep, I am so thankful for Michigan and the four seasons we are blessed with!




Each season has its own beauty, hasn't it? I really like your post and photos.
ReplyDeleteYou do definitely live in a great area of our country and having such a super family, you are able to enjoy all 4 seasons for sure. A close knit family is important to me too, and I admire you and yours so much.
ReplyDeleteYou picked great photos to portray each season! Being from Ohio, I well remember the four seasons, and I grew up at one end of Buckeye Lake - swimming, boating and ice skating. Now, I am just happy to not have snow and ice anymore! What an amazing country we live in, though!
ReplyDeleteI love how everything looks when it's covered in snow. I also love playing in it to a point, to the point where my toes & fingers are frozen! Then I love snuggling up on a comfy sofa with a nice mug of homemade hot cocoa! I am really enjoying the fall season here in the Pacific Northwest though. The temps are moderate for the most part & the fall foliage is simply gorgeous!! After some 30 odd years in the hot desert I don't even mind the rain most of the time. I'm just very thankful to be able to spend time & make memories with my 2 sons again. I don't ever want to be far away from them again if I can help it!!
ReplyDelete