We have a tradition of eating donuts on Thanksgiving morning while watching the parade, my dad started this tradition before I was even born. I continued doing this with my family. Glazed donuts are a must:-) Football is another tradition here in Michigan. The Lions have been playing on Thanksgiving day since 1936.
Family, friends, good food, football, a cozy fire - Make for a beautiful start to the holidays.
How will you be celebrating Thanksgiving this year?
![]() |
| Thanksgiving 2008 |
| My mom with her famous banana pudding |
| Yum! |
![]() |
| Haha..Lindsay and Matt after a great Thanksgiving! |


I love thanksgiving. has to be my favorite holiday! We're going to my mom's. Well, we usually ALL head over to my step-sisters house. She has the big house. My mom lives about an hour away... so we head out early and get back late. I love ANYTHING BANANA!! I'm thinking of trying some very "unhealthy" cheese cake recipe. I went to a county flea market in September and bought some powder mix for cheese cake. Excited to try it. .... and you'd never guess... it's banana cream pie cheesecake flavor, haha!!
ReplyDeleteMmmm..banana cream pie cheesecake - YUM!
DeleteYou have a beautiful family, by the way :) Thank you so very much for visiting my blog. I'm very flattered!!!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading your blog! I'm looking forward to following it!
DeletePumpkin pie! Gotta have it. I always make 2 so there's plenty. There's just the 4 of us but we all love our pie. Next must have is my moms homemade cornbread stuffing. I bake a black skillet of cornbread and make homemade biscuits the day before, sometimes 2. It needs to dry out a little anyway. Then I crumble & pinch the bread, add sage & celery & onion that's been sautéed in butter. I bake 2 Pyrex pans of this & vegetarian gravy to pour over it & the mashed potatoes. I love cooking this meal. It's one of my favorite holidays as it was my dads. I'm thankful for my family... and leftovers!!!
ReplyDeleteYour homemade biscuits sound amazing!
DeleteHi Kris! You have a great family, and I know your Thanksgiving will be full of fun and love this year! Ours will be quiet, and I'm not cooking this year. We have reservations. It will be good. I would rather cook for a dozen, but there will only be five of us. We're purchasing a bag of Thanksgiving food for a needy family, though. Our church does that every year. TGIF! Wishing you a good weekend!
ReplyDeleteI'm sure it is going to be nice not having to clean up afterwards too! Our church is doing a food drive too. It's an awesome feeling when you know you are helping someone enjoy their holiday.
DeleteWe have traditions that have been going for years and years. We eat the exact same things, and each of my children have their specialities. The only "new" thing this year is going to be a deep fried turkey instead of baked in the oven. My son does that one! Thanksgiving has become my favorite holiday over the years....no pressures, just good family time. You have a wonderful family and will have a good time for sure!
ReplyDeleteLove your photos! All this talk about food is making me hungry, and I just finished writing that I wasn't sure what I was going to have for dinner tonight on Terri's post. I also love the smells of Thanksgiving too, but it's not a holiday for us. Instead we celebrate my birthday in a restaurant. We've given up trying to find a place that does Thanksgiving though. We do have turkey and stuffing, etc. at Christmas when you guys are probably fed up of turkey. I always make rolls.
ReplyDelete