Saturday, November 10, 2012

Being Thankful - Day 9

Today I am thankful for the happy events that are taking place in my life.  Especially after we had a stretch of time that seemed like we were dealing with so much sadness. 
In the last 6 months we have celebrated our daughter Lauren's wedding to her high school sweetheart, Corey.  We had a wonderful visit from my cousin Debbie who I hadn't seen in over 30 years.  In September Walt and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary, and tonight we had a wonderful time celebrating my cousin, Vince's wedding to Heather.  It's nice to know that the good times will continue as we are about to embark on the holidays!


Corey and Lauren


Family reunion cookout for my cousin Debbie!

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear you have happy things happening in your life. Lauren's wedding must have been quite a happy and emotional one for you. That is a lovely picture of the newlyweds. Also, you made me feel quite happy by mentioning my visit as one of your happy happenings! I would love a copy of that reunion cookout photograph. What a fun event that was and what happy memories I have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to a big family reunion that my one surviving aunt has each year a couple of summers ago and re.connected with cousins I hadn't seen or even met in over 30 years too. I'm in contact with them now on facebook.

    Love the photos. Who didn't get in the family reunion photo?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard the expression, the good, the bad and the ugly all my life, but I think in your case, it was the good, the sad, and the best is yet to come! Have a blessed Sunday Kris.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have had a good six months!! Even with so much sadness, God continues to bless us and bring more happiness into our lives! This is a great post, Kris!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If it isn't for the trials in life, our blessings wouldn't be as sweet. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your daughter had a BEAUTIFUL dress!! Many blessings to you!!

    ReplyDelete