Monday, December 3, 2012

Coaster Craft



Some of you have asked how I make coasters.  There 
are different ways to do this and I noticed on Pinterest that using Mod Podge is a popular way.  When we first starting making coasters I used this method but have since changed the way we set the design on the coaster.  We now use a laser printer to print the design onto a label.  We use 4x4 tiles that we purchase from Lowes or Home Depot.  I always make sure the tile is wiped off and clean before applying the label.  We seal the coaster with a clear/gloss spray sealer and hot glue cork to the back of it.  It's that simple!






7 comments:

  1. Thanks, Kris! I like the idea of printing on labels. Seems like the ModPodge might become sticky after a hot beverage sat on it. The spray gloss seems like a better option! I need to get some supplies and give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do a job of anything you attempt, and the coasters are no exception!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to try this! Great idea!! Thanks kris!

    ReplyDelete