Matthew did so well at the Michigan Thespian Festival! He performed 2 monologues and was issued a "call back" from five colleges. He ended up winning a $20,000 scholarship to University of Detroit Mercy! Along with this scholarship the recruiter from UDM told him that he also qualified for a $15,000 academic scholarship! He also won the highest award (Superior) for a film that he wrote and directed and for a duet acting monologue. Needless to say we are such proud parents! He will take a tour of the college next month and he also has an audition with two other colleges that are schedule for February. It would be wonderful if he received a couple more scholarships! It would make his decision a little harder but that would be a problem we would welcome!
Kris, that is just fantastic, and you have the right to be proud of him. How wonderful.....as we say in the south, "you did something right my friend".
ReplyDeleteI'm proud of Matt too! It's really encouraging to hear such wonderful things about young people. Sometimes it seems they have no goals in life and are content to continue living at home with mom and dad. At least there's quitea lot of that in Spain.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! That's certainly something to be proud of! Well done, Matthew :)
ReplyDeleteKris, this is so wonderful!! Congratulations to Matt AND to you and Walt! I wish you have a video of it all so we could see him performing! I'm just so excited for him. Awesome!
ReplyDeleteWay to go Matthew! Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars. I would love to read some of your monologue. Krissy? Just a few lines maybe. Awesome good news!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, everyone! I will try to see if I can get a video or the words to his monologues.
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!! It's wonderful to hear your fantastic news!!!
ReplyDelete