Thursday, December 13, 2012

Open House - Taco Dip

I don't have much time to blog today but I thought I would share this recipe for a delicious taco dip that is quick and easy to make.  It's great because you can make it before a gathering and let it chill in the refrigerator.  I love recipes that free up your time and allow you to get other stuff done.   I made this dip for our Celebration Creations (Gift Baskets) open house tonight.

Taco Dip

Ingredients
• 16 oz. softened cream cheese
• 16 oz. sour cream
• 1 envelope taco seasoning
• shredded lettuce
• 2 medium tomatoes, diced
• 8 oz. taco flavored shredded cheese
Note:  I added 2 chopped scallions to the top of the dip.

Directions:

Place softened cream cheese, sour cream and taco seasoning in mixing bowl. Mix with electric mixer until smooth. Spread mixture in the bottom of a 9" x 13". Place shredded lettuce all over the top of the cream cheese mixture. Next, sprinkle shredded cheese on the lettuce. Top with diced tomatoes. Chill until ready to serve.



6 comments:

  1. Hi Kris,

    The recipe sounds delicious...maybe I will try it for the party I am going to on Saturday night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kris. We don't have taco-flavoured cheese, but I imagine normal cheese would do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect timing for this recipe. I have been looking for something to do with some extra cream cheese that I have on hand. It looks and sounds scrumptious! Thanks for sharing this recipe Krissy. Enjoy your weekend. Hugs))))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks really good and I love easy! Have a good Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks delicious! Enjoy the season :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the Taco Dip. You're a great wife, mom and baseball fan too.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete