Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Ten Thoughts on Tuesday!

The sunset on Saturday.  

1.  Walt didn't have to work on Saturday so we were able to leave on Friday to go to our trailer!

2.  Some of the things we did this weekend:  Shopped at our favorite store (Northwoods), had the best Walleye for dinner, enjoyed sitting around the campfire in the company of great friends, went out to breakfast and a trip to the casino..so fun!

3.  I bought a pair of fishing/hunting boots.  They are perfect for keeping at our camper.  They were normally priced at $40 but I got them for $9.99!

4.  It was nice having a 3 day weekend!

5.  Lindsay was promoted to Sports Editor!  

6.  Speaking of Lindsay, she went to Washington D.C. to see President Obama's inauguration.  She was given a press pass which moved her viewing spot from the National Mall to the Capital building!

7.  The weather this morning is dangerously cold.  The windchill factor has the temp at -12.  There are many schools closing but unfortunately Matthew's school is not one of them.

8.   I'm looking forward to my workout this morning! 

9.  As I am typing this my TV just turned on all by it's self..kind of scary.  Lately there have been strange things happening.  Doors opening, door knobs rattling, footsteps walking across the floor from the upstairs...

10.  Below is a picture that Lindsay text me when she arrived in Washington D.C. at 7 am.  Their bus drove through the night and arrived before the city was packed with people. 

Thanks for reading my 10 thoughts!  Have a terrific Tuesday!


7 comments:

  1. So glad you got to spend some time at your trailer.....getting away is important from time to time. Great buy on the boots! I love cold weather, but -12 is a little too cold...brrrr Glad Lindsay got to go to Washington, and that is a good picture she took!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you and Walt had a wonderful weekend! What a great bargain you got on those boots! Wow! I love finding great buys like that! Congratulations to Lindsay! That's so great! She is following her dream! So, do you need to call TAPS to visit your house? Sounds like you have a visitor you just can't see...kind of exciting, actually! I remember empty streets in DC, but you had to get there early to see it. Nice that she got to go and be so close as part of the press. Have a good Tuesday, Kris!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were so lucky to capture that beautiful sunset and I'd love to have those boots. They'd be perfect for today. It's a cold wet day in Madrid and it keeps wanting to snow.

    My family lived in a house once where they were always hearing footsteps in the attic, and my younger sisters thought it was a ghost. My mother couldn't find aany evidence of mice, and there was no way for birds to get in. Not too long after they moved, the house burned. It was caused by faulty wiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your 10 thoughts today! So glad you were able to get up North and spend some time with Walt. Sounds like you guys had a great time. :) So awesome that Lindsay was able to see Obama's inauguration. What a once in a lifetime experience. Congratulations on her promotion too. It is definitely cold here too. We woke up to -11 degrees windchill today. Sounds like we are having very similar weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photo, so beautiful. Nice that you had such an enjoyable weekend.
    How wonderful for your daughter to be able to go see President Obama's inaguration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you had a lovely weekend. That sunset photo is awesome. Not too sure that I like the sound of the weird happenings in your house. Scary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kris! Remember me?? I just caught up on all I have missed in your blog...stopping by everyone one by one. I'm so sorry to read of the loss of your dear Buddy! I know how it feels to lose a pet.

    I too am a fan of vintage anything and love to browse Pinterest when I make the time.

    I think I will try that angel food cake!

    There, I think I'm all caught up with you...I'll be posting something soon, so stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete