Thursday, January 3, 2013

Thursday Already?

With New Year's Day falling on a Tuesday, I am really mixed up with my days.  It doesn't seem possible that we are only one day from the weekend!  

Walt came home from work yesterday and decided to take our Christmas tree down.  His intentions were only to take the ornaments off the tree and save the rest for the weekend.  Once he got started he ended up taking the entire tree down, he also put away our snow village, nativity set, and the decorations that were decorating the fireplace!  I asked him if he would mind if I didn't help him..LOL.  I was in no mood to start that at 5 pm and to be honest, I get sad when the Christmas decorations are put away.  He was fine with me not helping as long as I promised him a back rub when he was finished.  I think I got the best part of the deal!

The fireplace now looks really bare.  Walt gave me a set of candle holders for my birthday and I can't wait to put them on the mantel.  I think I will also display photographs.  I'm already thinking about Easter and how I want to decorate.  My sister gave me an Etsy gift card and every time I am on their website I am drawn to the shops that make banners.  I used my gift card to buy this Easter banner.  My green candles will go really pretty with it! 

I hope everyone is having a great day!  Still can't believe the weekend will be here tomorrow!


Click to see other banners that she offers:  Army Mom Of Twins - Esty Shop



14 comments:

  1. That's a great purchase! I love Easter decorations and it's sad that they aren't as popular as Christmas or Halloween decorations. Excited to see the banner in person :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't wait for Kirklands to bring out their Easter items. Can you believe Lent is only 6 weeks away?

      Delete
  2. I have been in 7th heaven looking at a new blog that I just stumbled on by accident. It is called Liberty Biberty & the lady who posts it is from New Zealand. She posts lots of pictures of dollhouse scale: 1/12 miniatures. They are so beautiful and incredibly realistic. I love miniatures and have begun to dabble in them again. I recently built a cottage farm table and I'm working on a chair to go with it. She also shows lots of pics of her daughter Liberty, tea parties and b-day parties and such. She made her own pretty banner for Easter and it was in French cause that's the only letters she had on hand. Anyway, her sight is positively dreamy. I just can't get enough of the mini pics. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs and love, cousin Deb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deb! I am going to go check out that blog..sounds like one that I would love:-) I haven't gotten any pictures lately of any of your furniture projects, have you taken a break from it?

      Delete
  3. Hi Kris! Lucky you to have Walt take everything down and put them away. Each year, as I decorate, I start thinking about having to put it all away - and each year I seem to put out less and less. Sigh. I had every intention of taking the tree down on Tuesday, but Joe is so sick - I can't get the storage boxes out of the attic without him, so we will hopefully get it done this weekend. He is feeling a little better! Your Easter banner is really great! I will go check out her site. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope Joe continues to feel better! I just watched a report on the news that the flu is really bad this year.

      Delete
  4. You are very fortunate to have Walt to take all the decorations down, and you didnt even have to look at it while he was doing it! Love the Easter banner, and it will look so nice among all other things you will decorate with. Love these fast weekends! They ease us back into the real world...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda..You are so right, the weekend sure does ease us back into the real world..lol.

      Delete
  5. We have taken our tree down now too. It didn't make a noticeable difference as it was so tiny anyway. I love the way all my Merikan friends decorate for all the holidays throughout the year. That doesn't really happen here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jilly, I have a friend who decorates for every holiday, even the small holidays like, St. Patrick Days, Valentines Day..etc..her house looks so pretty and festive:-)

      Delete
  6. I am so mixed up on the days over the last two weeks. Having a holiday in there just makes the middle of the week seem like the weekend. lol Plus, this year Ava's Christmas vacation started later than usual, and she doesn't go back until Tuesday. I finally took my tree down today along with all the decorations. The house is finally getting back in order. Ava is always sad to see the decorations come down, but I like when everything is back in its place. :) Though time to start thinking about decorating a little for Valentine's Day. I love the banner you picked up on Etsy. So cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Krissy it's been so cold and rainy I just haven't had the gumption to do the big stuff. I did make a little spindle leg table but I don't like the top paint color so have to repaint. I just finished a miniature cottage table and I'm building a chair to go with it as we speak! As soon as it's done and painted I'll send you a picture. You are going to love that Liberty Biberty blog. She does such pretty things, and not all in miniature. I just love this ability to "chat" with you. Sorry my comments are always so long. My dear sister, Cheryl always said I was incapable of making a long story short lol!!! My boys say that too. Anyway, hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How funny that yours and Terri's posts have similar titles. Love your Easter banner.

    I'll be taking down my Christmas decorations this weekend though Monday is a holiday for us. I agree that it's sad taking down everything, but you have at least some Easter decorations that you can look forward to putting up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm way behind on blogger but I do have my Christmas decorations down.

    Nice Easter banner. It is just around the corner!

    ReplyDelete