Monday, February 25, 2013

A New Week!

I had a very relaxing day yesterday!   I made a big Sunday morning breakfast and we had all the kids there to enjoy it.  Lauren and Corey even brought my grandpuppy, Molly, with them.  We are going to be dog sitting for them next week when they travel to Orlando for 4 days.  We wanted Molly and Scooby to get used to each other before they leave for their trip.  Molly tired Scooby right out.  We still look at Scooby as being a young dog but after having a puppy (9 months) around, Scooby seems like an old man..haha.



I got a nice surprise from my cousin, Linda, who lives in Indiana.  She raises chickens and she sit me 2 dozen fresh eggs.  They are delicious!  I can't tell you the last time I had fresh/organic eggs. 


The rest of the day was spent just hanging out with my family.  It was nice having everyone home.  Lauren even came back in the evening to watch the Oscars with us.  I couldn't stay up for the whole show but I did enjoy watching the red carpet and seeing all the beautiful dresses.  I still don't understand how the Academy could not have nominated Ben Affleck for the the best director category.  He took this honor at all the other awards ceremonies this season and Argo ends up winning Best Picture of the year.  I could understand him not winning the best director category but I don't understand him not even being nominated.  

I wasn't the only one who found time to relax yesterday.  Matthew got a nap in while we were watching the red carpet show.  He did end up waking up to watch the rest of the show.  Lauren and him made out Oscar ballots and had a little competition to see who could pick the most winners. 

I hope your weekend was good and wishing everyone a great week ahead! 





   

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a really good day. I am an old fuddy duddy, because I didn't even turn on the Oscars. In fact, I forgot they were even on. THAT is the definition of OLD. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha..it just means that Oscars aren't your thing:-)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a wonderful day! I didn't even think to watch the Oscars and I would have like to...oh well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie..it really was a nice day. I could have used one more day like that..lol.

      Delete
  3. Kris, we didn't even turn the Oscars on. The red carpet will be replayed all week, and I really don't care about all the Hollywood hoop-la anymore. Nice that you all had some family fun time with it!! Molly will keep Scooby on his toes while you puppy-sit! Hope the kids have fun in Orlando!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right about Molly keeping Scooby on his toes! I bet Scooby will lose a few pounds next week..lol.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a nice relaxing weekend. I didn't watch the Oscar's either. Ended up doing a photo session and going out to eat with my brother and his family. By the time Ava and I got home, it was time to get Ava ready for bed and school stuff out for this morning. I ended up falling asleep on the sofa at like 9 pm and was awake by 12:30 am and couldn't fall back to sleep after that. Though I think I am going to sneak in a nap at some point today. Even just for a little bit. :) I hope you enjoy your 4 days puppy sitting here soon when Lauren and Corey go to Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can never watch the Oscars, because they start in the wee hours, and I sure didn't watch the Spanish version of them, which were on TV a week earlier. There were too many political statements to make the Goyas worth watching. However, I did hear about some of the comments which were made and one in particular. The actress who won for best actress dedicated her statue to all the people who have lost their homes to the banks - nothing wrong with such a dedication, right? Well, years before she had advertised for one of these companies which specializes in home loans and which is now being taken to court. She never apologized for receiving money for these ads and was wearing a 9,000 euro Dior gown to boot. She really got bombarded on Twitter.

    My brother-in-law in Ohio has some small chickens and they get some eggs from them when the chickens don't break them. You're right about the taste of these eggs. There's even a difference in colour.

    ReplyDelete