I saw the above quote on my cousin's Facebook page last night and I had to share it. It really sums up how I feel about my life.
I had a wonderful visit and lunch with my friend, Martie, yesterday. She lost her husband one year ago this month and recently moved from California to northern Michigan to be with her oldest daughter. Her daughter actually lives only a few minutes away from where our friend's cottage is located. Martie was down in my neck of the woods visiting her sister, brother in-law, brother and mom who only live a mile from me! She was craving Mexican food because she doesn't get the chance to have it like she did when she lived in California. I took her to my favorite Mexican restaurant, El Charro's. We had a wonderful visit. She said she would be back down in my area in July so we are hoping to get together again when she is here. We might also meet up when Walt and I are at the cottage.
I hope everyone's week is going good! The weekend will be here before we know it!

Your friend has great taste in food. Sad she lost her husband a year ago. Glad you could get together with her and have a wonderful visit!
ReplyDeleteIt is great that you could spend time with a friend and that she is back living closer to you. Cant beat good Mexican food for sure. Have a happy Wednesday!
ReplyDeleteYum. I love Mexican food. Our favorite place is called Chicano's. It is so not on my Weight Watchers diet, though! Great that you got together with your friend, and nice that she is so much closer now. Enjoy your evening!
ReplyDeleteThat was the name of my favourite Mexican restaurant in Madrid. El Charro has been closed for years, but one of the waiters from there still works in the owner's other restaurant, which is just around the corner and the food is the same - delicious.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you had a good visit.
ReplyDelete