Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Ten Thoughts On Tuesday!





1. My heart breaks for the victims and their families who were killed or injured yesterday at the Boston Marathon.  What an incredible amount of evil someone has in them to do such a horrific act.  I pray for everyone involved and I pray that the person or people responsible will be brought to justice.

2. I have a doctor appointment today for my annual exam.  I dread this exam but at least I won't have to worry about it for another year!

3. My mom is making her famous bean soup today.  My Uncle Bill and Aunt Pat are coming over for lunch today.  Uncle Bill is my mom's younger brother.

4. Instead of going to the gym last night, Walt and I went for a 2.5 mile walk at the community center.  It was so nice getting outside for our workout.  The temperature was 68 when we left for our walk.  After the winter we had, 68 felt like we were in the tropics..LOL.

5. If you don't have a Twitter account I highly recommend that you get one!  The amount of useful information that is on there is amazing.  I can't tell you how often the traffic tweet updates have helped me avoid an area that was at a standstill.  l also started following some health websites and the tips throughout the day are great.

6. Through Twitter I joined a consumer survey and product tryout site.  I am getting my first product to tryout and review.  It is a lawn and garden fertilizer spray kit.  They will send me the kit for free and then it is my job to blog and Tweet about what I like about it or what I don't like about it.  It's my first campaign and they said if I am active with giving my opinion online they will be sending me more campaigns in the future.

7.  I'm hungry this morning but I'm not sure what I feel like having for breakfast.

8.  I'm having a hard time coming up with 10 thoughts this morning!

9.  I can't wait for the next Castle dvd to arrive from Netflix.  It should be here tomorrow.  My mom watched a couple of episodes with us this weekend and she loved it.

10.  Well there you have it!  Not the most exciting thoughts, but I did manage to come up with 10..LOL.  Thanks for stopping by and I wish you a terrific Tuesday!

9 comments:

  1. Kris, I am on Twitter as my grandchildren use it more often now days, than Facebook. I had trouble this morning with my 10 thankfuls too, and dont know why...guess the Boston tragedy just was on my mind and couldnt think straight. Hope you get a good report at the Dr., and the rest of the day is just right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. I agree, I think the tragedy in Boston just makes everything difficult. Such a senseless act of violence.

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried the ten thought Tuesday yet...maybe today.

    I'm so glad you mentioned Castle. As you know, I LOVE THAT SHOW. I can't wait to watch last night's episode online while I work-out on the bike this morning.

    Daughter #2 refuses to admit she's hooked on the show, but every time she comes over she runs a marathon of Castle DVD's! I wish my mom were still here...I think she would become addicted to the show as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant to say, I love your picture at the top of this post. Did you do that collage yourself or find it online? The colors are so beautiful and I love pictures of bicycles!

      Delete
    2. Castle is the best show!! I am so happy that I am only in the second season..I have so much left to watch!! I found the picture from googling - Vintage Summer. I love the coloring too!

      Delete
  3. I watched live coverage of the Boston bombings on the internet last night. I hope and pray they find the person(s) responsible soon.

    Enjoy your lunch. Being from the South, I love beans and any dish with them. When I was little, I remember one of my favourite school lunches was white bean soup and cornbread. During my first few years at school, the food was good.

    Looking forward to hearing about other products you get to try out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda..My mom was born in Kentucky and she makes the best corn bread to go with the bean soup!

      Delete
  4. I'm late getting to blogs tonight. I agree with your #1. I have a Twitter account, but I decline followers and only follow a few folks. I really don't need another thing to check! Maybe I'll have to be more active on it, but....whew! Glad you are enjoying having your mom with you, and that your uncle and aunt could enjoy lunch with her! I would love to have my mom make her vegetable soup for me one more time. Yum! I can use the same recipe and ingredients, but mine will never be as good as mom's. Keep us posted about your products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terri! A mom's recipe is always the best!! I hope my kids will say the same about my dishes..LOL.

      Delete