Thursday, April 18, 2013

Thankful Thursday!





Wow I can't believe that it is Thursday already!  Time to reflect on what I am thankful for...

1.   I'm thankful for the nightly walks that Walt and I have been going on this week.

2.   I'm thankful for my dog Scooby.  His silliness and loving nature brightens my day!

3.   I'm thankful that my friend Donna is starting to feel better.  Pneumonia has kicked her butt. 

4.   I'm thankful for family visits like the one we had on Tuesday with my uncles and aunts.

5.    I'm thankful for the Tigers win last night!  They beat Seattle in the 14th inning!  The game ending play at the plate was unbelievable!  Here's a link to watch the play:  http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?c_id=det&content_id=26375235&partnerId=as_mlb_20130418_7247444

6.   I'm thankful for the stories of compassion that have come out of the tragedy in Boston.  It gives me faith in humanity.

7.   I'm thankful for the good report that I got my from my doctor this week.  By changing my eating habits, I have lowered my blood pressure to the normal range and will not have to go on BP meds :-)

8.   I'm thankful that I am social media geek!  I look forward to Facebook, Blogger, and Twitter each day.  

9.   I'm thankful for my mornings that are spent having coffee with my mom.  

10. I'm thankful that God has given me another day to go out and make a difference in the world!  Wishing everyone a day filled with many blessings!

7 comments:

  1. I am #8 to a 't'! I have to check them first thing every morning or cant get started on anything else...lol Have a nice day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really proud of you for keeping your blood pressure down, Tonight when we have our salad, I'm going to get some before my friend mixes up the dressing in it. In the Chinese where we go, they put too much salt or soy salse in some of their dishes in my opinion, but not my friends'.

    I haven't succumbed to Twiitter yet, but I'm loving Pinterest! Hope your mom and everyone enjoy the rest of her visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great list! Number 7 and 9 have my thumbs up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I eat unbelievably healthy now. I wish I had taken my doctor more seriously years ago when he told me I needed to exercise and adopt more of a Mediterranean diet. My younger son is a vegetarian and that's a good thing because it keeps my meat eating to a bare minimum. So I did end up with a mini stroke and on B.P. meds. but thanks to my high fiber, lots of garlic diet I take a ridiculously low dose. I also do healthy stretching, yoga relaxation and regular walks. Keep up the good work Krissy, your body will thank you for it with good health!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh great that you are able to get your BP down without meds.
    Hope your weekend is great. God bless you and your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. #7 - fantastic!! It's a great list, Kris. Sorry to be getting here a day late! I'm not a total #8, but do look forward to reading everyone's blogs, and Facebook posts! I don't tweet, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your list this past week. So much to be thankful for. :)

    ReplyDelete