Monday, April 15, 2013

Time To Start A New Week

And just like that the weekend is here and gone!  I don't think I have ever heard anyone say, "Boy the weekend just dragged by"..LOL.  Our weekend was nice.  I got a good start on my spring cleaning and I also had some wonderful family time.  

Saturday, Walt and I made a trip to Costco to activate our membership that he received from my sister and brother in-law for his birthday.  We have always been members of Sam's Club but their customer service has really gone down in the last couple of years.  I'm happy that we are taking our business to Costco.  I've had family and friends tell me that we will like Costco much more.  Time will tell, but I do know for certain that our days of shopping at Sam's Club are over.

 Our first purchase at Costco was this dog bed for Scooby.  It isn't exactly like the one that Lauren and
Corey's dog Molly has but Scooby loved it all the same!  Last night he slept the entire night on it.  It was great having him on the floor next to me and not in our bed..LOL.  

Sunday morning I made a big breakfast and had the whole family home to enjoy it.  It was so nice having my mom there too.  I love a big Sunday morning breakfast.  After breakfast the kids watched the DVD, Lincoln. It is such an awesome movie.  Walt and I rented it before but Matthew had never seen it.  

We also watched the Tigers beat up on the Oakland A's!  The final score was 10-1!  They now head to Seattle to start a 3 game series with the Mariners.  They have a travel day today so there is no game tonight. I don't like when they have a day off..haha.  The Voice is on tonight so that will fill the void somewhat.  

I hope your weekend was great and I wish you all a wonderful week ahead!  Thanks for stopping by!

One more picture of Scooby enjoying his new bed:



8 comments:

  1. Awww...you can tell he really likes his new bed. I finally got my cat to sleep at least part of the night in her bed too. At least wont turn over on her any more...lol Have a good Monday and week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda have taken a pic of Cali in her bed? If so, I missed it and would love to see one!

      Delete
  2. Scooby looks quite comfortable on his new bed!! We don't have a Costco here. They are in Orlando and Tampa. We still like Sam's Club and get good service, food and products from ours. I even got my glasses from the eye department last time I needed a prescription filled. I love a big breakfast, too! How great to have everyone there to enjoy it! We went to the theater to see Lincoln and loved it. It's an excellent movie. Have a great week, Kris!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy that you haven't experienced Sam's Club bad customer service! I used love them but on 2 different occasions they told me that my membership had expired at the checkout counter and I told them that I knew that it hadn't expired. The sales clerk said she couldn't continue ringing me up unless I renewed my membership. I went ahead a renewed it and went home to check my records and sure enough It wasn't expired. The ordeal and rudeness that I was met with the next day at the customer service desk was beyond frustrating. Six months later it happened again at a different Sam's Club but I leave like last time. I left my groceries and went straight to the customer service desk. To make a long story short, I felt that they are scamming their customers and I walked out of there and said I would never return.

      Delete
  3. What a nice bed for a sweet boy! I'll bet he's wondering what took you so long to get him his own bed. No one that I know has ever complained about the weekend dragging. Hope everyone there has a good week, including your Tigers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda..You have a great week too! Here's hoping the Tigers bring home some wins on this road trip!!

      Delete
  4. Awww, Scooby is really enjoying that bed! My Suki has three because she has to be in whatever room I'm in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie..we are thinking that we are going to buy one more for the family room. It's a big bed and it isn't fun bringing it down the steps every morning..LOL.

      Delete